Getting to and Around Campus
Thousands of people visit Columbia University Irving Medical Center each day to work, learn, and receive high-quality health care. Explore the many options below.
View additional services on the campus map: Click the icon at the top left of the map to open up additional layers of the map, including the residences, eateries, and sustainable resources spread throughout the campus. You can also print your own campus map.
- Au Bon Pain Locations: The bakery and café chain has two locations: 1121 St. Nicholas Ave. and in the School of Nursing Building.
- Barnes & Noble Campus Bookstore: Offers coffee, lunch, and snacks, as well as tables and couches where you can eat and relax. The café is part of CUIMC Public Safety's Safe Haven program.
- Hilltop Perk Café Satellite Locations: Groceries and buffet lunch options are available at the flagship location at 83 Haven Ave. Other Hilltop locations at CUIMC are the first floor of the Black Building, the lobby of Hammer Health Sciences Center, the first floor of the Allan Rosenfield Building, and the first and tenth floors of the Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center.
- The Faculty Club: Offers a daily buffet lunch and an elegant atmosphere for meeting friends and colleagues. Located on the fourth floor of the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons building. Make a lunch reservation.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital Garden: A peaceful green area good for picnicking or relaxing in mild weather. Enter through the garden's west entrance on Fort Washington Ave. between 167th and 168th Sts., or through one of the surrounding buildings, including the Presbyterian Building and the Children's Hospital.
- Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center West and South Courtyards: The West Courtyard has benches, greenery, and a lovely view of the Hudson River and the Palisades. Accessible with a CUIMC ID, this garden space is shared by the Vagelos Education Center and Towers 2 and 3. The South Courtyard is a green space open to the public.
- Farmers Market: The Fort Washington Greenmarket is open during spring, summer, and fall months and located on Fort Washington Ave. between 168th and 169th Sts. Breads, cheeses, fresh produce, and baked goods are available to purchase. There's also a compost drop-off area.
See a list of dining options recommended by NewYork-Presbyterian.
- Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library: Explore available study spaces or reserve a group study room. See a list of where you can print on campus.
- Bard Hall: When not reserved for events, the Bard Hall Riverview Lounge is designated a quiet study space.
- School of Nursing: All CUIMC students are welcome to enter the building and relax in common areas. Students of the School of Nursing can also reserve study spaces on the second and third floors via the 25Live room reservation system.
- Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center: With cafés on the first and tenth floors and study spaces throughout the building, this as a hub for students. All CUIMC students with valid ID access are welcome to enter the building and use the common areas, including the Study Cascade that spans the height of the building on the south side. MD and PhD students from the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons also have access to select classrooms reserved for study as well as the 14th floor student lounge.
- ColumbiaDoctors: Top-notch clinical services throughout the CUIMC campus and the New York City area, from midtown Manhattan to Tarrytown, NY.
- ColumbiaDoctors' Nurse Practitioner Group: Get connected to qualified nurse practitioners.
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine: Offers services at its teaching clinics.
- Student Health Service: If you are a CUIMC student, look to SHS for all your health care needs, including medical services, mental health, the Center for Student Wellness, Addiction Information and Management Strategies (AIMS), and health insurance information.
- Workforce Health and Safety: CUIMC faculty and staff can use this resource for concerns that may arise during the workday.
- Harkness Pavilion, 1st floor
180 Ft. Washington Ave.
New York, NY 10032
- Harkness Pavilion, 1st floor
- Bard Athletic Center (BAC): CUIMC’s go-to resource for fitness activities and programs. Membership is open to students and eligible employees. Students can join P&S Club organizations that practice in BAC and sign up for emails from the Center for Student Wellness, which offers yoga, pilates, and meditation classes in this space.
- NYP Fitness Center: Located at 627 W. 165th St., this 6,500-square-foot state-of-the-art facility is only open to NewYork-Presbyterian employees and retirees and Columbia University employees, students, and alumni. Membership is $60/month. If you commute by bicycle, you can also purchase a $5 monthly pass to use their showers. For more information, call 212-305-1800 or email NYPres@plusone.com.