The Center for Student Wellness (CSW) recognizes that life at CUMC (and outside of it) can be incredibly rewarding and demanding. CSW aims to create an environment that promotes student fulfillment and growth, both personally and academically. Through free, confidential Wellness Appointments and our Wellness Works! Health Promotion programs, we offer guidance for navigating the challenges of graduate school life.
Stay Connected to CSW - You can view current and past issues of the weekly CSW email and join our mailing list here.
The Center for Student Wellness (CSW) creates innovative research-based and student-centered opportunities that facilitate the personal and professional development of CUMC students. In support of CUMC’s academic, research, and service mission, CSW employs a social ecological framework to carry out our comprehensive approach which focuses on four major initiatives (programs and services, environmental strategies, research and data collection, and teaching, training, mentoring).
- Employ a broad based effort that spans across all schools at CUMC and the entire University.
- Apply a humanistic approach that promotes respect, empathy, integrity, self-awareness, and compassion.
- Offer low barrier access to services and resources for all CUMC students.
- Share our expertise through teaching and training others.
- Conduct research to identify strengths and discover opportunities to address environmental and individual concerns.
Founded on the belief that CUMC students needed the resources, tools, and guidance to navigate the challenges of graduate school life, CSW evolved from a proposal from the students themselves. CSW opened its doors in Bard hall in the summer of 2002, where it is still located today.
Our Values: We respect confidentiality; protect student voices; believe that meaningful change occurs at both individual and systemic levels; encourage help-seeking; and support balanced living.