A transcript is an official record of a student's entire tenure at Columbia. It reflects all coursework and grades per term for each school attended within the University. Other information on the transcript includes:
- Name as it appears in the Columbia University records
- School and departmental affiliation
- Degree/certificate program (if applicable)
- Degree/certificate conferral date (if applicable)
- Honors earned (if applicable)
G.P.A. is printed only on transcripts of students from CC, GS, SCE, and SEAS, PT, RN, and NP.
Note: G.P.A. will not be printed on transcripts of students who attended prior to 1982.
There is a one-time fee for this service, charged at the time of first enrollment. Transcripts cannot be produced for anyone whose record has been put on hold for an outstanding University obligation.
Take "Ctrl" of Your Transcript – New, Secure PDF Ordering Now in SSOL
The Office of the Registrar is pleased to announce that our new eTranscript service is now available in SSOL to both current students and alumni. We’ve partnered with a premier electronic transcript vendor to provide a new application that allows you to electronically send secure, official PDF transcripts to the destination of your choice within minutes, in addition to standard services including online ordering and fulfillment of traditional paper transcripts.
As part of the enhanced functionality that the new system offers, you can now track your transcript requests online and receive email notifications when the transcript is generated and delivered electronically (or mailed, based on the delivery preference). The tracking mechanism also allows you to monitor when the electronic transcript is actually opened by the intended recipient.
Additional benefits of the new service include:
- Accurate and speedy service for ordering and receiving transcripts
- The ability to deliver to any recipient with a valid email address worldwide
- Improved service and convenience to students and alumni
- Email confirmation of order receipt, processing, and delivery
- Available to students and alumni for placing transcript requests online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Ordering a Transcript
- Former students with access to Student Services Online (SSOL) may order secure electronic or paper transcripts through SSOL. Recent alumni: Please know that you can reset your UNI password for SSOL access by visiting Manage My UNI page.
- If you do not have access to SSOL, please complete the Request for Transcript form, print, sign and mail to the appropriate address:
- Print, sign, and mail
- Print, sign and fax
- Print, sign and email
Indicate your full name, your date of birth, the number of transcripts requested, the full mailing addresses of the intended recipients, the School or Schools you attended at Columbia, your dates of attendance, and the degrees conferred or courses of study.
The Request for Transcript form may be sent in the appropriate way to the below:
Medical Center Campus
Registration and Student Financial Services
Columbia University Medical University
650 W. 168th Street
Room 141 Black Building, Unit 45
New York, NY 10032
Fax: (212) 305-1590