Home | CU | Jobs | Contact Us | Find People | Map | A-Z Dept |
Columbia University Medical Center logo, Define the Future - Government & Community Affairs
About us
Government Affairs
Community Affairs
Medical Center
Neighborhood Fund
Community Connections
GCA News
Neighbors / Partners
Volunteer Opportunities

 Contact Us

51 Audubon Avenue
8th Floor, Suite 800
New York, New York 10032
Tel: (212) 305-8060
Fax: (212) 342-3914



Dear Friends:

Welcome to the Columbia University Medical Center's Office of Government & Community Affairs (GCA) web site.  Government & Community Affairs represents the interests of Columbia University Medical Center before the federal, state, and city governments.  This office also develops and implements programs with the communities surrounding Columbia University Medical Center and serves as the primary liaison between the Medical Center and the external community. 

GCA coordinates information on services and programs available at the Medical Center campus.  The office responds to and engages community stakeholders, local residents and community based providers as they seek to learn more about the various medical center programs, services, events and activities.  We work with various elected officials, medical associations and other organizations to advocate and educate policy makers on areas ofinterest of our faculty and staff.

If you have any need or desire to work with elected officials or community based organizations, I strongly encourage you to contact us to see if we may be of assistance.



Ross A. Frommer

Vice President and Associate Dean




CUMC Holiday Toy Drive


These children are among the 670 local kids who took home toys donated by our community in the CUMC Holiday Toy Drive. The Office of Government & Community Affairs thanks all those who gave.

Pictures courtesy of the Washington Heights Child Care Center.


Con Edison GREEN TEAM at the Chamber of Commerce of WH/I Breakfast

Pictured: Lynne VanAuken, Executive  Director  WAHI Chamber;  Marianne Castillo, ConEd Outreach/Marketing; Sandra Harris, President WAHI Chamber;  Zamira Setaro, ConEd Customer  Outreach & Education; Krystle Moya, ConEd Customer  Advocate;  and Betty Lehman, Isabella Director Marketing & Communications at Isabella Geriatric Center

Today’s breakfast meeting of the Chamber of Commerce of Washington Heights and Inwood at the Isabella Geriatric Center was co-hosted by Con Edison GREEN TEAM and the Hispanic Federation to educate small businesses about saving energy and money by upgrading to energy efficient equipment. Con Edison pays 70% of the cost of the upgrades, and for a limited time, the Hispanic Federation will pay the remaining 30%.

Presentations by Frankie Miranda, VP, Hispanic Federation, Marianne Castillo, Dir. Outreach & Marketing, Con Edison Green Team, Sandra Harris, President, Chamber of Commerce Washington Heights and Inwood.



Virtual Tour of the Washington Heights & Inwood communities:


MCNF Annual Appeal  To donate click on the pledge card, print and mail completed form to:

Office of Government & Community Affairs

51 Audubon Avenue8th Floor, Suite 800New York, N.Y. 10032

Medical Center Neighborhood Fund Brochure

Neighborhood Fund Pledge Card

Research Means Hope

Support Funding for the National

Institutes of Health



Last updated 1/12/ 2015

CUMC Home | At Columbia University | Affiliated with New York-Presbyterian Hospital | Comments | Text-Only Version