Welcome to the Columbia University Medical Center's Office of Government & Community Affairs (GCA) web site. Government & Community Affairs represents the interests of Columbia University Medical Center before the federal, state, and city governments. This office also develops and implements programs with the communities surrounding Columbia University Medical Center and serves as the primary liaison between the Medical Center and the external community.
GCA coordinates information on services and programs available at the Medical Center campus. The office responds to and engages community stakeholders, local residents and community based providers as they seek to learn more about the various medical center programs, services, events and activities. We work with various elected officials, medical associations and other organizations to advocate and educate policy makers on areas ofinterest of our faculty and staff.
If you have any need or desire to work with elected officials or community based organizations, I strongly encourage you to contact us to see if we may be of assistance.
Ross A. Frommer
Vice President and Associate Dean
NOTICE! VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The 32nd Medieval Festival is Sunday, September 18, 2016 from 11:30am-6pm in Ft. Tryon Park and volunteers are needed throughout the day at the largest annual NYC Parksevent. If you would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com.
About 80 volunteers helped last year and we will need that many again. Please choose from these opportunities.
• Volunteers Check-in Assistant (4 people needed, one per shift 7am-11am; 11am-2pm; 2pm-5pm; 5pm-8pm)
• Tent Set-up (12 or more people from 6:30am-9:30am)
• Tent Breakdown (12 or more people from 6:30pm-8:30pm)
• Information Booth (As many as possible in shifts from 11am-7pm)
• Hay Drop-offs (10 people from 7am-10am)
• Booth Decorators (10 or more needed starting at 9am)
• Costume Tent (10 people needed in shifts starting at 8:30am)
• Traffic/Parking (8 people needed starting at 7am)
Virtual Tour of the Washington Heights & Inwood communities:
MCNF Annual Appeal To donate click on the pledge card, print and mail completed form to:
Office of Government & Community Affairs
51 Audubon Avenue8th Floor, Suite 800New York, N.Y. 10032
Research Means Hope
Support Funding for the National
Institutes of Health