The Student Health Service (SHS) offers students a range of services designed to help prevent health problems before they develop. We offer preventive services in accordance with the United States Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations. Make an appointment with one of the clinicians to discuss which services might be appropriate for you.
- For students with the Columbia University Student Health Insurance Plan, many preventive services are covered at SHS through the insurance plan, with no out-of-pocket expense to the student.
- For students with a different insurance, please check with our staff for coverage and cost-sharing.
(Doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human Papillomavirus (women and men under age 45)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Tetanus, Diphtheria (Td)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- Blood pressure
- HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia (on an annual basis, or more frequently if appropriate)
- Tobacco use
Preventive health exams
- Physical exams
- Pap smears/GYN exams