CUIMC Student Health Service Operational Changes as of June 12, 2020
We are resuming limited in-person Medical Services, effective immediately. We will not accept any walk-ins, and will stagger appointment times to avoid having multiple patients in the waiting area.
- During this time we also will continue to offer telehealth visits, which can be scheduled via the student health portal.
- Students requesting in-person visits should call 212-305-3400, option 1, during our normal hours of operation.
- Anyone entering Medical Services will be required to wear a face-covering or mask.
We are currently only scheduling well-person, prevention-focused visits for thefollowing appointments:
- Routine physical exams or Medical Clearance exams
- Routine immunizations
- Routine GYN exam
- PrEP visits
If you feel you require an in-person visit but your reason is not listed above, please schedule a telehealth visit first, and one of our providers will work with you to ensure you have the appropriate evaluation and follow up.
Anyone with a fever, cough, or other respiratory symptoms should stay home and schedule a telehealth visit for an evaluation. If you develop any of these symptoms prior to your appointment, we ask you stay home and reschedule as a telehealth visit.
Mental Health Services and Center for Students Wellness programs and services will remain virtual at this time.
- Mental Health Service (MHS) telephone appointments can be scheduled via the health portal. This is also the best way to communicate directly with your provider. Students wishing to initiate treatment with MHS should schedule an Initial Telephone Appointment through the health portal. Students already in treatment can contact their provider via secure message.
- Short-term treatment is continuing virtually at MHS throughout this time. For students who might prefer working with someone off-campus in an ongoing way, we have an extensive referral network and can consult with students and link them with providers in the community who will be a good fit for them. This includes clinicians of color, queer-identified clinicians, as well as clinicians trained in various treatment modalities. Co-pays for students enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan are waived until December 31, 2020 making this option available at no additional out-of-pocket cost. A referral from MHS is required to access these services. Interested students should schedule an Initial Telephone Appointment via the health portal.
- Find information about MHS groups and workshops on the Virtual Workshops. Groups, and Spaces page.
- To connect with the Center for Student Wellness, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To connect to AIMS, please email email@example.com.
- For urgent Medical or Mental Health concerns during business hours, please call 212-305-3400. After-hours, press option 7 to be connected with our on-call service.
- We will continue to provide more information about changes to our operation, both by email and on this page.
Additional SHS Contacts