Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to accredited residency programs:
- Graduate of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates prior to appointment or
- Have a full and unrestricted licensed to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction in which they are in training.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.