In the fiscal year ending June 2013, Harlem Hospital Center had
- 238,325 outpatient visits
- 4,871 ambulatory surgeries
- 12,838 dialysis clinic visits
- 65,043 Emergency Department visits
- 2,650 CPEP emergency visits
- 13,224 total in-patient admissions
- 13,127 discharges
The occupancy rate for the year was 72% and the average length of stay was 5.8 days.
The demographics of the hospital admissions in 2013 were 1,462 Hispanics, 9,239 Blacks, 445 whites, 48 Asians, 1,924 others and 9 unknowns. The community has the highest mortality rates in New York City according to NYC Department of Health Vital Statistics. Central Harlem leads the city in infant, cancer, cerebrovascular disease, heart and cirrhosis mortalities.