Temporary Electrical Shutdown in Hammer, Jun. 26-27
In a continued effort to improve the medical center’s utilities infrastructure, a temporary electrical shutdown will take place in Hammer Health Sciences Center from 9 p.m. Friday, June 26 to 5 a.m. Saturday, June 27. Details of the shutdown, and what you need to do to prepare, are below.
The following services will be unavailable throughout the building during the temporary shutdown:
- Overhead lighting
- Normal laboratory power—including laboratory lighting and non-emergency power outlets
- Hallway lighting, elevator lighting, and stairwell lighting
Emergency power and emergency lighting throughout the entire building will not be affected by this temporary shutdown.
In preparation for the upcoming shutdown, please take the following precautionary steps before you leave on June 26:
- Save all files and important documents.
- Completely turn off all computers and laptops.
- Turn off all other electronic devices and non-essential laboratory equipment.
- Ensure that all essential equipment is connected to emergency power (red) outlets.
In case any issues arise, representatives from CUMC Facilities will be on duty during the shutdown. CUMC Public Safety is also available to assist with any building or other issues. For routine matters, call 305-8100; for on-campus emergencies, call 305-7979. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CUMC Facilities Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.