Security Awareness Day offers safety tips and free services, Sept. 29
Columbia University Public Safety invites members of Columbia University Medical Center to Security Awareness Day 2017, as we celebrate a Shred Fest/Electronics Destruction and Ride Your Bike to Campus event. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about CU Public Safety's services and crime prevention programs.
- Date: Friday, Sept. 29, 2017
- Time: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (rain or shine)
- Location: Ft. Washington Ave and West 168 Street
Visit the tables to receive these free services:
- Register and engrave your electronics with the New York Police Department and CU Public Safety.
- Ride your bike to campus to get a free bike registration and tune-up.
- Bring office and personal documents for shredding and disposal.
- Bring your old electronics, such as hard drives, for destruction.
You'll also have the chance to speak with key safety professionals:
- Speak one-on-one with police and public safety professionals about personal safety and apartment security.
- Meet professionals from the New York City Fire Department Fire Safety Training Unit, who will demonstrate fire, life, and safety techniques.
And stop by for discount bike locks, laptop locks, and more!