We provide electrical service to all academic and administrative departments, including rewiring and installing lighting fixtures and dedicated electrical outlets.
Central systems include pre-existing primary and secondary electricity distribution systems, such as the following:
- Emergency backup generators
- Interior and exterior lighting systems
- Circuit breakers
- Outlets and receptacles
- Electric motors
- Exit lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Battery powered lighting
There is no charge for services to the systems and associated hardware listed above.
Local or departmentally dedicated systems include:
- Specialized lighting systems (such as those used for research purposes)
- Modular office partition lighting and electrical systems
- Upgrades or alterations to electrical systems, such as:
- Connections to new equipment
- Installation of additional lighting fixtures
- Expansion or modification of existing electrical systems to accommodate usage changes or load increases
For services to local or departmentally dedicated electricity distribution systems and associated hardware, we charge a fee based on an hourly rate plus cost of materials.
Requests for emergency power require an assessment. Both need and generator capacity must be evaluated before approval. The assessment is provided without a change. If emergency power is provided, it will be a chargeable service.
Electrical Outlet Installation
We can install additional electrical outlets within CUIMC. Once you submit a work request, a member of our team will be dispatched to evaluate the electrical capacity and space.
Fees are based on an hourly rate plus the cost of materials.
We provide electrical services during special events, such as access to power sources, extension cords, and stand-by service.