Disability Housing Accommodations
Columbia University Medical Center provides disability housing accommodations to students whose disabilities substantially limit their abilities to live in our traditional housing units.
If you are interested in disability housing accommodations, complete and submit the request form. You must be eligible for University housing in order to apply for disability housing.
For information about getting around campus, see our Accessibility page.
Incoming Students: Deadlines
- March 1: This is the deadline to apply for disability accommodations if you are an incoming student in one of the following programs:
- Columbia University School of Nursing: Masters Direct Entry
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine: Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, or Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate
- April 1: Deadline for incoming first-year Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons students
- May 1:
- Deadline for all other incoming first-year students
- Deadline for all incoming students who require couples housing with disability accommodations
While requests for disability housing accommodations submitted after these dates will be considered, we can't guarantee we'll be able to meet late applicants’ accommodation needs, including any requests that are submitted during the semester. Housing accommodations approved after the deadline are contingent upon availability and current vacancies.
If you are a current student who would like to apply for disability housing accommodations, email email@example.com or call 212-305-HELP (4357), option 2.