Executive Director, Public Safety
Jeannine Jennette, EdD, MPA, is a security and law enforcement professional with expertise in public and private security operations and safety, strategic operations, training and development, and project management. As executive director of Public Safety for Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Jeannine directs a diverse team of 100 uniformed supervisors and security officers and administrators in day-to-day security operations and crime prevention. She also leads initiatives on violence assessment and emergency management and pursues technology innovations and professional development to support her team and the safety of the community. Before joining CUIMC in 2002, she held pivotal roles in the New York City Police Department, retiring as a deputy inspector and commanding officer of the 67th Precinct.
Jeannine holds an EdD in executive leadership from St. John Fisher College, a MPA from Marist College, and a BS in community and human services from SUNY Empire State College.
William Black Building
650 W. 168th St., Room 109
New York, NY 10032
Contact Public Safety
- Licensed New York State Security Guard Instructor, 2010
- Personal Radiation Detector Instructor, 2010
- Licensed SCUBA Instructor, NAUI and TSISDI
- Licensed First Aid/AEDCPR, Oxygen Provider Instructor NAUI/DAN
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Certification
- Numerous FEMA and DHS Courses