Sign Up for Alerts
CUMC Building Alerts
Elevator not working? Hot water disrupted? Sign up for building alerts and stay informed about work that may impact you.
To sign up for building-specific messages or change your subscription preferences, fill out our quick, mobile-friendly form.
In the case of widespread disruptions, Facilities Management & Campus Services will send out campus-wide notifications.
Please note that any activities we list are subject to change based on approvals, University events (i.e., Commencement), other requirements, and unforeseen circumstances. We appreciate your cooperation as we work to improve our facilities.
Columbia University Emergency Text Updates
Register online to receive real-time notifications from Public Safety in case of emergencies, such as severe weather conditions, emergency campus closures, crimes in progress that may endanger the community, and major transit interruptions.
- Log in with your UNI and password at my.columbia.edu.
- Select “Faculty & Staff” at the top of the page.
- Click “Update Personal Information.”
- Select “Change phone numbers.”
- Select “Add a phone number.”
- Select one of the “Campus Alert” fields from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your mobile number (University-provided or personal).
- Use the remaining two “Campus Alert” fields to enter up to two other mobile numbers you would like to receive emergency notifications.
- Click “Save.”
Only numbers listed under the “Campus Alert” fields will receive emergency text messages. “Mobile” and “CU Mobile” will not.
- Log in to Student Services Online.
- Click on “Text Message Enrollment.”
- Add your cell phone number. You can add up to three mobile numbers.
- Click “Save.”
Never Miss an Email
Did you know that if you are based at CUMC, you have two email addresses? To make sure you get all your email, forward your UNI@columbia.edu email to your UNI@cumc.columbia.edu by following these mail forwarding instructions. You can also change your alias and the email address that appears in the university directory.