Columbia-Presbyterian Exhibit, 1928-2018
A Medical Center for New York: The Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center, 1928-2018: An Exhibit
The Knowledge Center, A. C. Long Health Sciences Library
Hammer Health Sciences Building, Lobby Level
Ninety years ago this March, what was then called the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center opened to the public. One of the world’s first health-care centers to combine complete facilities for patient care, medical education, and research in a single complex, Columbia-Presbyterian was the result of years of sometimes stormy collaboration between Columbia University and Presbyterian Hospital, dating back to the original affiliation agreement of 1911.
A small exhibit in the Health Sciences Library’s Knowledge Center commemorates this anniversary with a display of original construction photographs and contemporary fundraising brochures.
The Knowledge Center is accessible 24/7 to anyone with a valid CUMC or NYP ID.