Fort Washington Ave. Closed, Oct. 25, 6AM-6PM
In order to accommodate a mechanical equipmen delivery, Fort Washington Avenue will be closed between 165th and 168th streets on Saturday, October 25, from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. During this time, street parking on Fort Washington Avenue will be unavailable. Pedestrian traffic along Fort Washington Avenue will be diverted to the west side of the sidewalk.
- Full pedestrian access to Milstein driveway/Main Entrance, Harkness, Eye Institute and Irving Pavilion will be maintained at all times.
- Full access to the Emergency Room will be maintained at all times through the Broadway and 168th Street intersection.
- Thru vehicle traffic on Fort Washington Avenue between 165th Street and 168th Street will be diverted to Broadway.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained between 165th Street and Milstein Driveway. (South entrance only)
- Emergency exits located in Eye Institute, Harkness, Milstein and Irving Pavilion will not be affected.
- Thru pedestrian traffic between 168th Street and Milstein Drive way will be stopped during each lift. (Approx. 15 min)
- There will be a partial sidewalk closure on east side of Fort Washington Avenue; pedestrian traffic will be diverted to west side of the sidewalk.
- CUMC Loading dock will NOT be accessible for deliveries or pickups on Saturday, October 25 between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Flag men and temporary barricades will be provided at each street intersection to direct traffic accordingly.