Electric Shutdown in Hammer, Sept. 24-25
As part of continued effort to improve the utilities infrastructure for the campus, there will be a series temporary electrical shutdowns that will take place in Hammer Health Sciences Center through the end of this year.
The second temporary electric shutdown will take place in Hammer Health Sciences Center Wednesday, September 24 through Thursday, September 25, from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
The following services will be unavailable during the temporary shutdown:
- Overhead lighting throughout the building
- Normal laboratory power—including laboratory lighting and non-emergency power outlets—on floors 9 through 17
- Hallway lighting, elevator lighting, and stairwell lighting throughout the building
- Elevators servicing lower levels 1, 2, the lobby, and floor 2
Emergency power, emergency lighting, and chemical fume hood ventilation throughout the entire building will not be affected by this temporary shutdown.
In preparation for this upcoming shutdown, please take the following precautionary steps before you leave on Wednesday, September 24:
- Save all files and important documents.
- Completely turn off all computers and laptops.
- Ensure all critical equipment is plugged into emergency power outlets.
- Turn off all other electronic devices.
In case any issues arise, representatives from CUMC Facilities will be on duty during the shutdown. CUMC Public Safety is also available to assist with any building or other issues. For routine matters, call 305-8100; for on-campus emergencies, call 305-7979.
Representatives from Facilities Management are carefully working to minimize disruptions to building occupants, and are scheduling the shutdowns so that they will not occur during peak times for the building. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CUMC Facilities Management at email@example.com.