Alumni Auditorium Renovation
Reimagining a Central Campus Space
The Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons Building and the William Black Building currently have fortress-like exterior facades, congested entry conditions, outdated lobbies and connecting public spaces, and suboptimal interior spaces behind the lobbies. By erecting a welcoming glass façade and reconfiguring the interior spaces, we are creating an open, collaborative, and supportive physical environment for staff, students, and visitors to gather, share ideas, and innovate.
Temporary Closure: May 18-September 3
- Alumni Auditorium will be temporarily closed from Friday, May 18, through Monday, September 3, 2018. The sidewalk bridge installed on 168th Street in front of Alumni Auditorium will remain in place for the duration of the project.
- Beginning Tuesday, September 4, 2018, Alumni Auditorium and the auditorium lobby will reopen.
We will share updates via campus-wide notifications, including digital signage, printed signage, and announcements in the CU168 newsletter. If you work adjacent to the space, we also invite you to sign up for building alerts to stay informed about the impact to your specific building.
Project Location: 630-650 W. 168th St., New York, NY 10032
Client: CUMC Central Administration
Project Program: New building façade and lobby aim to provide a modern, welcoming appearance to one of the most prominent areas of the CUMC campus.
- Auditorium Façade and Lobby: 3,000 square feet
- Auditorium: 6,464 square feet
Special Features and Highlights
- New glass façade
- New lobby, lighting, and interior finishes
- New HVAC infrastructure
- New ADA lift from lobby to auditorium
- New auditorium seating with table arms
- New auditorium audiovisual system
Architect: MdeAS Architects
MEP Engineer: WSP Group
Structural Engineer: Leslie E. Robertson Associates, RLLP
LEED Consultant: Vidaris, Inc.
Anticipated Completion: 2018
Please contact Lysander Chan, project manager, at email@example.com.