390 Fort Washington Ave. Residence
Built in 2001, our 390 Fort Washington Ave. residence houses Columbia University Medical Center's postdoctoral research fellows and scientists. Learn how to apply to live here.
390 Fort Washington Ave. has 46 units, 10 of which are one-bedroom apartments. The remaining units are studios. Located between 177th and 178th Streets, this building is a 10-minute walk from the heart of the CUMC campus.
- Full kitchen in each apartment
- Full bathroom in each apartment
- Studios: Full-size Murphy bed
- One-bedroom apartments: Unfurnished
- Lighting in common areas; residents must provide lighting for their bedrooms
- Window blinds or shades
- Elevator service
- Laundry: Card-operated washers and dryers on the second floor
- 24-hour security
- Mailboxes: Packages delivered to the lobby. If a package needs a signature, you must sign for it. Security will not sign for or hold packages.
- Included in rent: The building is centrally heated and air conditioning units are provided in each apartment. Hot and cold water, heat, and air conditioning are included in your rent. Wireless internet is provided by CUMC IT.
- Not included: Gas, phone, cable, and electricity. While the building does have air conditioning readily available, tenants will be billed for the electricity used to run the air conditioner.
Smoking is prohibited on all CUMC property, both indoors and outdoors. This policy extends to all CUMC residential facilities, including all apartments; public spaces such as lobbies, hallways, and stairwells; building entrances; adjacent courtyards; garages; and rooftops.
If you or anyone in your apartment is found smoking, everyone who lives in the apartment will receive a $250 fine for each occurrence. Learn more at Smoke-Free CUMC.