Reduce energy consumption and change how we build and manage spaces at Columbia University Irving Medical Center by incorporating sustainable practices into your daily routine. Get started with these simple steps:
- Join the Sustainable Leader Network! Join or start a team for you department.
- Reduce paper usage, saving both resources and money. See tips and tricks from the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health.
- Drink from a reusable bottle or mug. CUIMC has water refill stations across campus. And remember to ask at your local café if you can use a personal mug when purchasing your favorite beverages.
- Shut off lights and electronic equipment when spaces are not in use. Learn how to use your computer efficiently.
- Recycle! Learn about CUIMC's recycling program and recycling as a New York City resident.
- Use eco-friendly products. Consider upgrading to Energy Star products. Categories include: appliances, electronics, heating & cooling equipment, and office equipment.
- Use alternative modes of transportation for getting to and from campus.
- Join a campus group like Students for Environmental Action or start your own.
Join the CUIMC Green Team
The Green Team is open to all CUIMC faculty, staff, and students. At our quarterly meetings, we share updates about what CUIMC Facilities is doing to improve energy efficiency and recognize CUIMC members working on sustainability-related research. It's a great opportunity to get connected and collaborate with other community members and share ideas and best practices.
Contact email@example.com to be added to the Green Team mailing list.