Reduce energy consumption and change how we build and manage spaces at Columbia University Medical Center by incorporating sustainable practices into your daily routine. Get started with these simple steps:
- Reduce paper usage, saving both resources and money. See tips and tricks from the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health.
- Drink from a reusable bottle or mug. CUMC has water refill stations across campus. And remember to ask at your local café if you can use a personal mug when purchasing your favorite beverages.
- Shut off lights and electronic equipment when spaces are not in use. Learn how to use your computer efficiently.
- Recycle! Learn about CUMC's recycling program and recycling as a New York City resident.
- Use eco-friendly products. Consider upgrading to Energy Star products.
- Use alternative modes of transportation for getting to and from campus.
- Join a campus group like Students for Environmental Action or start your own.
Join the CUMC Green Team
The Green Team is open to all CUMC faculty, staff, and students. At our quarterly meetings, we share updates about what CUMC Facilities is doing to improve energy efficiency and recognize CUMC members working on sustainability-related research. It's a great opportunity to get connected and collaborate with other community members and share ideas and best practices.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Green Team mailing list.