Georgian Residence traces its rich history back to the early days of Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Originally built as a private apartment building, it was purchased by Presbyterian Hospital in 1962 to house staff nurses. Today, some of the building's finer architectural details remain: solid wood floors, decorative door moldings, and spacious rooms.
Since 1983, Georgian Residence has housed academic offices on its first three floors and residential units on the top four floors. You can select from studios and two- and three-person suites.
- Room size varies, from 353 square feet for studios to 571 square feet for the full one-bedrooms. Two-bedroom suites can measure about 200 square feet per bedroom. Please inquire about specific room sizes when reviewing your accommodations.
- Furnishings in each bedroom include:
- Twin XL bed
- A table lamp
- Desk and chair
- Window Air Conditioner
- Full bathroom in each suite
- Kitchenette: Built-in unit with sink, cook top, and refrigerator (no oven)
- Lighting: Common areas are lit; residents must provide lighting for their bedrooms
- Window shades
- Elevator service
- Laundry: Card-operated washers and dryers on the first floor
- 24-hour security
- Lounge, equipped with a stove and microwave, on the fourth floor
- Package delivery: Students living in Georgian Residence can pick up their packages at the Bard Hall Mailroom, Room 109, open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Included in rent: Electricity, heat, hot and cold water. Wireless internet is provided by CUIMC IT.
- Not included: Phone and cable
- Air conditioning: Georgian Residence does not have central air. We provide a window air conditioner in each bedroom.
Smoking is prohibited on all CUIMC property, both indoors and outdoors. This policy extends to all CUIMC residential facilities, including all apartments; public spaces such as lobbies, hallways, and stairwells; building entrances; adjacent courtyards; garages; and rooftops.
If you or anyone in your apartment is found smoking, everyone who lives in the apartment will receive a $250 fine for each occurrence. Learn more at Smoke-Free at CUIMC.