Bard Hall is the perfect place to make connections and find your rhythm at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
This 11-story building features dormitory-style rooms with communal bathrooms, a green courtyard with benches, and a terrace with extraordinary views of the Hudson River and George Washington Bridge. Residents can easily take advantage of the athletic facility downstairs, various student lounges, and the student meal plan served in the ballroom. Bard Hall is minutes from classrooms, the library, and the campus bookstore.
- Average room size: 10'x12'
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk with overhead hutch and desk chair
- Five-drawer dresser
- Most rooms: pedestal sink, medicine cabinet, and towel bar
- Window air conditioner
- Overhead lighting
- Windows with shades
- Gender-specific floors: The fourth and ninth floors of Bard Hall are women only; the seventh floor is men only. All other floors and facilities are co-ed.
- Bathrooms: Communal toilets and showers on each floor
- Kitchen: One communal kitchen on the 11th floor equipped with stoves, refrigerators, sinks, microwaves, and a beverage vending machine
- Elevator service
- Laundry: Card-operated washers and dryers on the second floor
- 24-hour security
- Mailboxes and package delivery: Packages can be picked up at the Bard Hall Mailroom, Room 109, open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Student lounges: The Main Lounge on the first floor and the Hudson View Room are both available for students to study. The Hudson View Room is intended for quiet study. Students can also relax in the 11th floor lounge.
- Student meal plan: Meals are served in the Bard Hall Ballroom in the basement. See the Faculty Club for more information.
- Included in rent: Electricity, heat, hot and cold water. Wireless internet is provided by CUIMC IT.
- Not included: Phone and cable.
- Air conditioning: Bard Hall does not have central air. We provide a window air conditioner in each room.
Smoking is prohibited on all CUIMC property, both indoors and outdoors. This policy extends to all CUIMC residential facilities, including all apartments; public spaces such as lobbies, hallways, and stairwells; building entrances; adjacent courtyards; garages; and rooftops.
If you or anyone in your apartment is found smoking, everyone who lives in the apartment will receive a $250 fine for each occurrence. Learn more at Smoke-Free at CUIMC.