COVID-19 Parking Updates
Updated as of May 27, 2020
Monthly Parking Fees Resume June 1, 2020
Beginning June 1, 2020 CUIMC Parking will be resuming collecting monthly parking fees from all monthly parkers.
- Payroll deduction: Payroll deduction for your parking costs will start on June 1. There is nothing for your to do if you currently have this payment option.
- Via check: You will see a $262 charge on your June invoices and moving forward.
- Via an automated bill paying service through your bank: Please update your banking service so payment is mailed to us starting in June.
- Please use your CUIMC Parking card to access your assigned garage.
Free Temporary Parking Option for Employees Ends May 31, 2020
- The free temporary parking currently available to CUIMC employees who need to commute to the medical center during this time will be ending on May 31, 2020.
- If you wish to continue parking on-campus, you may register and apply for monthly commuter parking. The monthly parking fee is $262 per month. Due to limited capacity monthly parking applications are on first come first serve basis.
In order to be eligible for monthly parking, you must:
- Be CUIMC Faculty or
- Be Administrative staff job grade 106 or higher, and reside outside of Manhattan.
For questions or inquiries, please contact CUIMC Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a full-time, permanent Columbia University Irving Medical Center employee who resides outside of Manhattan, you are eligible to apply for CUIMC commuter parking.
If you live in campus housing or in the surrounding neighborhood, you are not eligible for parking.
Apply for Parking
To apply for commuter parking, complete and submit a parking request form. You will need the address of your Columbia workplace; your job title, department, and job grade; and information about the vehicle you'd like to park. Once submitted, your parking application will be sent to the Parking Committee for review.
Questions about your application? Email email@example.com. Please remember to include the best way to reach you as well.
Monthly Parking Fees
Parking fees are billed monthly and are due by the close of the following billing cycle. We only accept payment via payroll deduction (pre-tax, in most cases). We don't accept payment by University ARC ChartString. If your account is 90 days past due, you will automatically lose your parking privileges.
Fees are subject to change and to the 18.375% Manhattan parking tax. If you live in Manhattan and have a New York City Department of Finance parking tax exemption form on file with our office, you will be taxed at a lower rate.
Full-Time Monthly Parking Fees
|Parking Facility||Rate||Tax||Total Fee||Open Hours|
|Irving Cancer Research Center
Saint Nicholas Ave. between 166th and 167th Sts.
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m-midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
|100 Haven Ave. Garage
100 Haven Ave. between 170th and 171 Sts.
7 days a week, 24 hours
|100 Haven Ave. Garage
Second- and Third-Shift Parkers:
(4 p.m.-12:30 a.m., midnight-8 a.m. access only)
7 days a week, 3 p.m. -8 a.m.
|School of Nursing/Russ Berrie Medical Science Pavilion
560 West 168th St., entrance on 167th St.
Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
NewYork-Presbyterian's parking garage is located at 115 Fort Washington Ave., between 164th and 165th streets, and is managed by the NYP Parking Office. The garage is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments accepted at the hospital's parking garage include cash and debit/credit card. For more information on parking at the hospital, please visit their parking page or contact the NYP Parking Office at 212-305-4903.
NYP employees looking for parking information should contact the NYP Parking Office at 212-305-4903.