IMPORTANT: To help limit the transmission of COVID-19, all parkers must self-park their cars in ALL CUIMC parking garages as space permits and retain their keys. Once space becomes unavailable, parking attendants will then valet any remaining cars.
COVID-19 Parking Update: Temporary Parking Options for CUIMC Employees
How to obtain temporary parking:
- Please email CUIMC Parking with the CUIMC employee name, employee email address, vehicle information (if known), and estimated duration parking will be needed.
- If the employee is using a personal credit card, please indicate “personal credit card” as the payment type in the email. A representative from CUIMC Parking will follow up with the employee directly to collect and securely process their credit card information.
- If the department is covering the parking expenses, please provide the chart string to be charged.
- All requests will be processed immediately and confirmed via email.
- All temporary parking requests will be assigned to 100 Haven Ave. Parking Garage, located at Haven Ave. and 171st St.
- Temporary rate: $10 per day/person (not to exceed a monthly rate of $262/month/person)
- Parking Attendants Booth: 212-304-7779
- Temporary parking arrangements will continue to be assessed and updated as University guidelines change.
For questions or inquiries, please contact CUIMC Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a full-time, permanent Columbia University Irving Medical Center employee who resides outside of Manhattan, you are eligible to apply for CUIMC commuter parking.
If you live in campus housing or in the surrounding neighborhood, you are not eligible for parking.
Apply for Parking
To apply for commuter parking, complete and submit a parking request form. You will need the address of your Columbia workplace; your job title, department, and job grade; and information about the vehicle you'd like to park. Once submitted, your parking application will be sent to the Parking Committee for review.
Questions about your application? Email email@example.com. Please remember to include the best way to reach you as well.
Monthly Parking Fees
Parking fees are billed monthly and are due by the close of the following billing cycle. We only accept payment via payroll deduction (pre-tax, in most cases). We don't accept payment by University ARC ChartString. If your account is 90 days past due, you will automatically lose your parking privileges.
Fees are subject to change and to the 18.375% Manhattan parking tax. If you live in Manhattan and have a New York City Department of Finance parking tax exemption form on file with our office, you will be taxed at a lower rate.
Full-Time Monthly Parking Fees
|Parking Facility||Rate||Tax||Total Fee||Open Hours|
|Irving Cancer Research Center
Saint Nicholas Ave. between 166th and 167th Sts.
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m-midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
|100 Haven Ave. Garage
100 Haven Ave. between 170th and 171 Sts.
7 days a week, 24 hours
|100 Haven Ave. Garage
Second- and Third-Shift Parkers:
(4 p.m.-12:30 a.m., midnight-8 a.m. access only)
7 days a week, 3 p.m. -8 a.m.
|School of Nursing/Russ Berrie Medical Science Pavilion
560 West 168th St., entrance on 167th St.
Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
NewYork-Presbyterian's parking garage is located at 115 Fort Washington Ave., between 164th and 165th streets, and is managed by the NYP Parking Office. The garage is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments accepted at the hospital's parking garage include cash and debit/credit card. For more information on parking at the hospital, please visit their parking page or contact the NYP Parking Office at 212-305-4903.
NYP employees looking for parking information should contact the NYP Parking Office at 212-305-4903.