CUIMC Campus Status
updated Feb. 18 (5:15 p.m.)
CUIMC Facilities Management has been clearing snow throughout the day with medical center sidewalks and pathways in good condition.
- We anticipate normal operations at the Medical Center on Friday, Feb. 19. Please continue to check your email and your school’s website for any specific weather-related changes.
- Custodial Services continues to operate on a modified cleaning and trash pick-up schedule through approximately Friday, Feb. 19. We will continue to provide additional service updates as they become available.
- The lower level one entrance of Hammer Health Sciences Center remains temporarily closed. To enter the building, please use the main ADA-accessible entrance.
- Please report any unsafe conditions, such as building floods, falling ice, or flying debris from nearby buildings and/or construction sites, to CUIMC Facilities Management immediately at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3.
The Emergency Management Operations Team is monitoring the situation and will keep you updated by email and/or text as well as via the Columbia Preparedness site, the University homepage, and this page should new information become available that impacts you or our campus.
- Close and lock all windows and doors, and close blinds and curtains, especially in spaces that are not normally occupied. If you cannot fully close your window, please call CUIMC Facilities Management at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3, for support.
- Turn off computers, lights, and other equipment. Move electrical or valuable items off the floor and away from windows.
- Make sure all faucets are off.
- If your lab or experiments depend on electricity, make sure critical equipment is plugged into outlets that are backed up by emergency power. If you are not sure which outlets are on emergency power, contact CUIMC Facilities Management at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3.
- Close fume hoods when not in use and shut down non-essential lab equipment.
- Review our winter safety tips to help you stay safe.