- Patricia Stone, PhD, MPH, RN
- Dr. Stone is Professor of Nursing at Columbia University School of Nursing, her program of research is aimed at understanding cost and quality outcomes. A quality outcome of special interest to Dr. Stone is healthcare associated infections (HAI).
- Andrew Dick, PhD
- Dr. Dick is a Senior Health Economist at the RAND Corporation and serves as the Econometrician on this study.
- E. Yoko Furuya, MD, MS
- Dr. Furuya is the Assistant Director of Hospital Epidemiology for New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center and Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Columbia University. Dr. Furuya's research interests are focused in the areas of hospital epidemiology and HAI.
- Teresa Horan, MPH
- Ms. Horan is the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) expert on this study. She was responsible for the transition of the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS) systems and other national monitoring systems into the new NHSN.
- Elaine Larson, RN, PhD, FAAN, CIC
- Dr. Larson is a Professor of Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic Research in the Faculty of Nursing and Professor of Epidemiology at Columbia University. Dr. Larson serves on the study as our Infection Control Professional and Senior Nurse Epidemiologist.
Dr. Larson says: "In the 1980s, the seminal Study on the Efficacy of Nosocomial Infection Control (SENIC) 'defined' the field of infection prevention and control by
setting standards that are still used today, even though they have become outdated. For more than 25 years we have been seeking ways to update that study to reflect the dramatic changes in healthcare and the increasingly important and demanding role of the ICP. Finally, a study that can reshape and redefine our roles!"
- Victoria Raveis, PhD
- Dr. Raveis is a Research Professor at NYU. Dr. Raveis' research focuses on the psychosocial issues facing seriously ill or dying adults and the health-related demands and challenges confronting families.
- Monika Pogorzelska-Maziarz, PhD, MPH
- Dr. Pogorzelska-Maziarz is an Associate Professor at Jefferson School of Nursing.
- Carolyn Herzig, PhD, MS
- Dr. Herzig was the Project Director for the P-NICER Study and is currently the Project Director for the PNICE-NH Study.