Presentations and Posters
October 2012 - Posters presented at the 2012 Infectious Disease Week.
- Pogorzelska M, Perencevich EN, Larson EL, Furuya EY, Stone PW. The Presence of Antibiotic Stewardship/Restriction Programs: A National Survey. Poster
- Raveis V, Pogorzelska M, Conway LJ, Uchida M, Larson EL, Stone PW. A Qualitative Exploration of Initiation of Infection Prevention Protocols in Hospitals. Poster
June 2012 - Poster presented at the 2012 Annual AcademyHealth Conference.
- Carter EJ, Stone PW, Pogorzelska M, Shang J. HAIs and Supplemental Nurse Usage in ICUs. Poster
June 2011 - Abstracts presented at the 2011 Annual AcademyHealth Conference.
- Stone PW, Larson EL, Pogorzelska M. Impact of State and Federal Policies to Decrease Hospital Associated Infections: A Mixed Methods Longitudinal Study in California Hospitals. Presentation Abstract
- Uchida M, Stone PW. Exploring Infection Prevention: Policy Implications from a Qualitative Study. Poster
June 2011 - Posters presented at the 2011 Annual APIC Conference.
- Pogorzelska M, Stone PW, Larson EL. Certification in Infection Control Matters: Impact of the Infection Control Department Staffing Characteristics and Hospital Policies on Rates of MRSA Bloodstream Infections. Poster
- Conway LJ, Pogorzelska M, Stone PW, Larson EL. Adoption of Surgical Site Infection Prevention Policies in California Hospitals. Poster
March 2011 - Poster presented at the 2011 Annual Eastern Nursing Research Society Conference.
- Nelson S, Stone PW, Jordan S, Pogorzelska M, Halpin H, Vanneman M, Larson EL. Patient Safety Climate: Variations in Perceptions by Infection Preventionists and Quality Directors. Poster
March 2011 - Poster presented at the 2011 Annual SHEA Conference.
- Pogorzelska M, Larson EL, Stone PW. Strategies to Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections in California Hospitals. Poster
February 2011 - Poster presented at the 2011 International Meeting on Emerging Diseases.
- Pogorzelska M, Larson EL, Stone PW. Rates of Methicillin-Resistant S. aureus Bloodstream Infections and Infection Control Policies in California Hospitals. Poster
July 2010 - Oral presentation at the 2010 Annual APIC Conference.
- Pogorzelska M, Furuya EY, Dick A, Perencevich EN, Goldmann D, Stone PW> Impact of the Ventilator Bundle on Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP) Rates in Intensive Care Units (ICU).
- Jordan S, Pogorzelska M, Larson E, Stone PW. Range of Policies for Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections in Intensive Care Units.
March 2010 - Presentations/Posters at the Fifth Decennial International Conference on Healthcare-Associated Infections in Atlanta, GA.
- Furuya EY, Dick A, Perencevich EN, Pogorzelska M, Goldmann D, Stone PW. Central Line Bundle Implementation and Impact on Infection Rates in US Intensive Care Units (ICU).
Session Title: The Cutting Edge of Infection Prevention: The Top Four Submitted Scientific Papers of the 2010 Decennial
Session Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010: 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
- Pogorzelska M, Larson E, Stone PW. Infection Control Policies Related to Multi-drug Resistant Organisms in a National Sample of Hospitals.
Session Title: Emerging Pathogens
Session Date: Friday, March 19, 2010: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
June 2009- These abstract were presented at the 2009 Annual APIC Conference.
Stone PW, Dick A, Pogorzelska M, Horan TC, Furuya EY, Larson E. Staffing and Structure of Infection Prevention and Control Programs in a National Sample of NHSN Hospitals. Blue Ribbon Abstract Award Winner
Pogorzelska M, Larson E, Stone PW. Policies and Practices for Multidrug Resistant Organisms in a National Sample of NHSN Hospitals. Blue Ribbon Abstract Award and New Investigator Award Winner.