Non-Clinical Programs: Two doses of MMR vaccine (after 1 year of age) OR two doses of measles
vaccine, one dose of mumps vaccine, and one dose of rubella vaccine OR positive titers (IgG) showing immunity.
Clinical Programs: Two doses of MMR vaccine (after 1 year of age) AND positive titers (IgG) showing immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. An additional MMR vaccine is required if any titer is negative, inconclusive or equivocal.
- Meningococcal Meningitis Response Form: Complete online after you receive your Columbia Uni at:
Receipt of the vaccine is optional. Information on the vaccine is available at: http://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/vaccine-info.html
- Physical Exam: Must be completed by an MD, NP, or PA who is not a relative. The physical exam form can be found on page 4 of the Preregistration Health Requirements brochure.
- Health History: Enter online after you receive your Columbia UNI at:
- Hepatitis B:
Non-Clinical Programs: Three hepatitis B vaccines OR positive titer (IgG) showing immunity.
Clinical Programs: Three hepatitis B vaccines AND a positive post-immunization titer (IgG) at least 30 days after last dose. If the hepatitis B titer is equivocal, inconclusive or negative, hepatitis B surface antigen is required within 6 months of program start date. If negative, a 4th hepatitis B vaccine should be given.
Non-Clinical Programs: Td (Tetanus/diphtheria) within 10 years. One time adult dose of Tdap (Tetanus/ diphtheria/acellular pertussis) recommended but not required.
Clinical Programs: One time adult dose of Tdap (Tetanus/ diphtheria/acellular pertussis) required, with Td (Tetanus/diphtheria) boosters every 10 years thereafter.
- Polio: Date of most recent IPV (killed) or OPV (live) polio vaccines.
- Tuberculosis Screening (within 6 months of deadline date): TB skin test (PPD) (unless previously positive). Receipt of BCG is not a contraindication to PPD.
PPD preferred but Quantiferon Gold/TB Spot accepted. A baseline Chest X-ray (completed after
positive test) is required ONLY for those with previously positive PPD, prior treatment for positive PPD, or a current PPD>10mm induration (>5mm in those who are HIV+ or with recent TB contact), or
positive Quantiferon Gold/TB Spot.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two doses of varicella vaccine at least 30 days apart OR positive varicella titer (IgG) if student has a history of chicken pox. If titer is negative, 2 doses of varicella vaccine at least 30 days apart are required.
- Hepatitis C: Hepatitis C antibody within 6 months of program start date. If hepatitis C antibody is positive, a quantitative hepatitis C RNA test is required.
click here for the full Preregistration Booklet (PDF)