Please review the preregistration requirements carefully. Full details can be found in the preregistration health requirements letter for your program:
Preregistration Health Requirements for Clinical Students (Dental, Medical, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy)
Preregistration Health Requirements for Non-Clinical Students (Public Health, Human Nutrition, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Post-Doctoral Fellows)
Ensure you have ample time to collect the required information. After you have received all the paperwork required for health clearance, scan your completed immunization form and required attachments via the secure Online Portal.
IMPORTANT: All titer results must be submitted with a copy of the laboratory report, including the laboratory reference range
Non-Clinical Programs: Two doses of MMR vaccine (after 1 year of age) OR two doses of measles vaccine, one dose of mumps vaccine, and one dose of rubella vaccine OR positive titers (IgG) showing immunity.
Clinical Programs:Two doses of MMR vaccine (after 1 year of age) AND positive titers (IgG) showing immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. An additional MMR vaccine is required if any titer is negative, inconclusive or equivocal.
- Meningococcal Meningitis Response Form: Complete online after you receive your Columbia UNI at:
Receipt of the vaccine is optional. Information on the vaccine is available at: http://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/vaccine-info.html
- Health History: Enter online after you receive your Columbia UNI at:
- Hepatitis B:
Non-Clinical Programs: Three hepatitis B vaccines OR positive titer (IgG) showing immunity
Clinical Programs: Three hepatitis B vaccines AND a positive post-immunization titer (IgG) at least 30 days after last dose. If the hepatitis B titer is equivocal, inconclusive or negative, hepatitis B surface antigen is required within 6 months of program start date. If negative, a 4th hepatitis B vaccine should be given.
Non-Clinical Programs: Td (Tetanus/diphtheria) within 10 years. One time adult dose of Tdap (Tetanus/ diphtheria/acellular pertussis) recommended but not required.
Clinical Programs: One time adult dose of Tdap (Tetanus/ diphtheria/acellular pertussis) required, with Td (Tetanus/diphtheria) boosters every 10 years thereafter.
- Polio: Date of most recent IPV (killed) or OPV (live) polio vaccine
- Tuberculosis Screening (within 6 months of deadline date):Non-Clinical Programs: One PPD skin test, or QuantiFERON Gold test or T-Spot test. If positive, submit chest x-ray report.
- Clinical Programs: Two-step PPD skin tests (administered 9-31 days apart) or QuantiFERON Gold test or T-Spot test. If positive, submit chest x-ray report.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two doses of varicella vaccine at least 30 days apart OR positive varicella titer (IgG) if you have a history of chicken pox. If titer is negative, 2 doses of varicella vaccine at least 30 days apart are required.
- Hepatitis C: Hepatitis C antibody within 6 months of program start date. If hepatitis C antibody is positive, a quantitative hepatitis C RNA test is required.
- Physical Exam: Must be completed by an MD, NP, or PA who is not a relative