|Download a Temporary Insurance Card, Check Claims, and Much More!
Columbia University Medical Center no longer provides Aetna with
your Social Security Number for identification purposes. In lieu of this, your Columbia Personal
ID number is used. Your Columbia University ID number begins with a C and is followed by 9
digits. It can be found by logging in at http://ssol.columbia.edu/
with your Uni.
Enter Aetna Navigator by replacing the ´C´ in your C number with a 3. Use this
modified number (10 digits) to register. You can then print a temporary insurance card, check on claims
processing and access other valuable health information.
- Click on Academic Profile.
- Be sure you choose the option to show your personal information.
- The number is the Columbia PID number.
To enter Aetna Navigator® go to:
- Click on Students (top menu bar). Then find your school. The school number is 812835.
- On the Columbia University Medical Center website, click on Aetna Navigator and follow the steps below:
- Click on FOR MEMBERS
- Click on Aetna Navigator® Member Website
- Scroll Down and click Register for Aetna navigator
a. If you are a returning user then sign-in as you normally would
b. If you are a first time user then please register
- Please note, your Aetna Health Insurance ID Card will not include your Columbia University ID
Number. Rather, for privacy purposes, it will include a randomly assigned number (which begins
with a ´W´). If you are a returning student, your ´W´ number will remain
the same as prior years.
- If you need to fill a prescription and do not have your card, the pharmacist can verify
coverage if you know either the ´C´ number with the ´C´ replaced by 3, or
the ´W´ number generated by Aetna.
Please contact Aetna Customer Service: (877) 409-7366 if you need further assistance.