- You have the right to excellent and accessible health care.
- You have the right to be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- You have the right to privacy.
- Your medical records are confidential. Unless required by law, they will not be
released outside of the Student Health Service without your written consent.
- You are entitled to all available information regarding your diagnosis, evaluation,
treatment and prognosis.
- You are entitled to participate in all decisions regarding your health care, including
the refusal of any services offered.
- Whenever possible we will make your appointment with the clinician of your choice.
- You have the right to refuse to participate in any research project that may be offered
through the CUMC Student Health Service without in any way jeopardizing your right to care.
- You have the right to give us feedback, both positive and negative, about any aspect of
the Student Health Service. You may do this in person, through the Suggestion box in the waiting
room, by email, or by calling Excutive Director.
- Our goal is to provide you with excellent medical care, both on site and by referral. We
ask that you treat us with courtesy as we work together to meet your health needs.
Hours of operation, services, staff, charges, insurance coverage and payment policies are outlined
on the Student Health Service website, www.cumc.columbia.edu/student/health, and in the Student
Health Service and Chickering insurance brochures available in the Student Health Service Office.