Mental Health Services (MHS) offers a range of groups. Some are time-limited while others are open-ended; some focus on learning specific skills, others on providing a safe environment to explore difficult feelings and experiences. Those interested in joining a group should contact the group facilitator to schedule a confidential individual meeting to discuss your participation further.
International Students Drop-In Discussion Group
This monthly drop-in group addresses a series of issues specific to international students.
- Adjustment to new academic and social environments
- Navigation of cultural and language differences
- Experiences with political and institutional systems
- Family and relationship concerns
- Intersecting identities
- Coping with discrimination and/or bias
- Managing stress
Mosaic: A Process Group for Women of Color
This weekly process group addresses a series of issues specific to individuals who self-identify as women.
- Relationship difficulties
- Identity concerns
- Navigating emotions
- Coping with racial discrimination/marginalization
- Life balance
Vicarious Trauma Drop-In Discussion Group
This monthly discussion group addresses the impact of working in the helping professions.
- Feeling less interest in direct patient care
- Difficulty not thinking about patient stories
- Difficulty maintaining life outside professional responsibilities
- Coping with frustration with systems
- Experiencing strong emotional and/or physical responses to one's work