Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy Tech.
60 Haven Avenue, B-234
New York, NY 10032
Tinamarie Sammon joined the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) Student Health Service in 2007 as a medical assistant. Prior to joining SHS, Tina worked as a medical technician for the Pediatric Gastroenterology department at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. Tina has also worked in family practice as well as cardiology specialty practices. She studied psychology at the City University of New York College of Technology and received certification as a Phlebotomy Technician and Medical Assistant at the New York School for Dental and Medical Assistants.
Prior to working on the clinical side of healthcare Tina worked in healthcare administration as a Paraprofessional Placement Coordinator for the Visiting Nurse Service of New York and a Quality Assurance Coordinator for an infusion pharmacy. Tina also has worked in several divisions in the hospitality industry as a hotel manager in New York City. Tina is currently studying to complete her degree in Human Services Management. After graduation Tina would like to pursue a career as a transplant social worker.
- New York College of Technology (CUNY)
- Monroe College
- New York School of Dental and Medical Assistants
Certifications & Licensure
- Certification: Phlebotomy Technician
- Certification: ECG Technician
- Certification: Medical Assisting
- Basic Life Support Certification
Awards and Honors
- “Top Fundraisers” award in 2009 and 2010 from the National Kidney Foundation-Greater New York Chapter.
- President of the Transplant Recipients International Organization (TRIO) Manhattan Chapter
- Team Upstream: for the annual kidney walk in New York City