Downloading a Temp Card
Please go to the Aetna website and download your temporary ID card by entering your Student ID and DOB.
Your Student ID number is your Columbia PID number located in your SSOL account.
The CUMC Student Health Service is your primary care provider (including any enrolled spouse or partner) and is responsible for determining the most appropriate treatment for your health care needs. Most off-campus specialist care requires a referral from the Student Health Service. ALL referrals MUST be renewed each policy year (except Mental Health referrals).
You do not need a referral from the CUMC Student Health Service for the following services:
- Primary and preventive obstetric and gynecologic services including annual examinations.
- Emergency Services - You do not need a referral for an ER visit but you MUST get a referral from the SHS for all follow up specialist visits.
- If you are ever more than 50 Miles away from campus, you may go directly to a provider in that area. Please ensure that the provider you are seeing accepts the AETNA Columbia Student Health insurance by using DocFind to maximize your benefits.
- Dependent children do not need a referral.
Finding a Doctor
Please go to the Aetna website and click on:
- Find Your School
- Type In: Columbia University
- On the left side there is a link called "Find a doctor, hospital or pharmacy"
You may search for in- network specialists. Choosing an in-network physician saves you money. AETNA will pay 100% of the visit and you will only be responsible for your $20 co-pay.
Your Coverage At A Glance
For detailed information on your plan please click on the links below:
- Student Health Service Brochure
- Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage 2016-17
- Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan Highlights 2016-17
For questions about:
- Plan Benefits
- Inpatient admission
AETNA Customer Service:
Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30pm EST
For questions about:
- Prescription drug claim
- Pharmacy claim forms
- Medication Coverage
AETNA Pharmacy Management:
Available 24 hours a day