Associate Professor of Medicine (In Pediatrics) and Environmental Health Sciences at the New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy & Critical Care Medicine
Director, Allergy and Immunology Fellowship Program
Director, Asthma Project, CCCEH; Associate Director and Lead Physician Scientist, Disease Investigation through Specialized Clinically-Oriented Ventures in Environment Research
Director, Allergy, New York Presbyterian Hospital
Our work concentrates on the mechanisms for the onset of asthma. One large research focus involves establishing and studying a birth cohort from Northern Manhattan (CCCEH.org), determining the importance of environmental allergens, traffic-related pollutants, and phthalate exposure to the onset of allergies, asthma, and Th2 immune responses. A major emphasis is on the role of prenatal and early postnatal exposure on later pediatric and adolescent asthma risk. Additional areas of research include identifying novel genetic by environment interactions and epigenetic by environment interactions important to the onset of asthma. We also have established several mouse models examining the importance of prenatal and postnatal environmental exposures on asthma risk. Recent work on antigen-specific immune responses to influenza vaccine in utero was cited by the journals Nature and Science on their websites.
- Black carbon exposure, DNA methylation, airway inflammation in pediatric asthma R01 ES013163
- The role of airborne polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and diesel in the pathogenesis of childhood asthma P50ES015905
- Phthalate exposure and inner city pediatric asthma R01ES014393
- The Columbia Center for Childrens Environmental Health; Molecular/disease consequences of prenatal BPA, PAH exposure across generations P01ES09600
- Comparative effectiveness of environmental intervention and standard care in ability to reduce asthma step therapy. R01 HS019384
- ICAC (Inner City Asthma Consortium) URECA study N01-AI-90052/HHSN272200900052C
- Irene Jung
- Kathleen Moors
- Hong Jiang
- David Torrone
- Hanjie Zhang
- Bob Ridder
- Candace Folch
- Bian Liu
- Christina Maher
- Zhonghai Yan
- Eric Gil
Original, peer reviewed:
- Miller, R. L. and M.J. Baum. Naloxone inhibits mating and conditioned place preference for an estrous female in male rats soon after castration. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 26:781-189, 1987.
- Miller, R. L. and R. P. Cole. Association between reduced cuff leak volume and postextubation stridor, Chest 110:1035-40, 1996.
- Miller, R. L., S. Das, T. Anandarangam, D. W. Leibowitz, B. Thomashow, P.O. Alderson, S. Homma. Relation between patent foramen ovale and perfusion abnormalities in acute pulmonary embolism, The American Journal of Cardiology, 70:377-388, 1997.
- Miller, R. L., S. Das, T. Anandarangam, D. W. Leibowitz, B. Thomashow, P.O. Alderson, S. Homma. Association between right ventricular function and perfusion abnormalities in hemodynamically stable patients with acute pulmonary embolism, Chest, 113:665-70, 1998.
- Miller, R. L., T. M. Eppinger, D. McConnell, C. Cunningham-Rundles, P. B. Rothman. Analysis of cytokine signaling in patients with extrinsic asthma and hyperimmunoglobulin E. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 102:503-11, 1998.
- Neugut, A.I., A. Ghatak, R. Miller. Anaphylaxis in the United States: An investigation into its epidemiology. Archives of Internal Medicine, 161:15-21, 2001.
- Miller, R.L., G. Chew, C.A. Bell, S.A. Biedermann, M. Aggarwal, P.L. Kinney, W.Y. Tsai, R.M. Whyatt, F. P. Perera, J.G. Ford. Prenatal antigen exposure, maternal sensitization, and sensitization in utero to indoor allergens in an inner-city cohort. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 164:995-1001, 2001.
- Perera, F.P., S.M. Illman, P.L. Kinney, R. M. Whyatt, E. A. Kelvin, P. Shepard, D. Evans, M. Fullilove, J. G. Ford, R.L. Miller, I. Meyer, V. Rauh. The challenge of preventing environmentally-related disease in young children: Community-based research in New York City, Environmental Health Perspectives, 110(2):197-204, 2002.
- Chew, G.L., M.S. Perzanowski, R.L. Miller, J.C. Correa, L. A. Hoepner, C.M. Jusino, M.G. Becker, P. L. Kinney. Distribution and determinants of mouse allergen exposure in low-income New York City apartments, Environmental Health Perspectives, 111 (10):1348-1351, 2003.
- Miller, R.L., M. Cheng, E.A. DiMango, K. Geromanos, P.B. Rothman. T cell priming and hypersensitivity to influenza and egg antigens among asthmatic adults immunized with the influenza vaccine, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 112:606-08, 2003.
- Miller, R.L., J.C. Correa, P.L. Kinney. Rat sensitization among inner-city asthmatic children, Journal of Children’s Health, 1 (4), 489-98, 2003.
- Miller, R.L., R. Garfinkel, M. Horton, D. Camann, F. P. Perera, R. Whyatt, P.L. Kinney. Prenatal exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, postnatal environmental tobacco smoke, and pulmonary symptoms in a birth cohort, Chest, 136: 1071-78, 2004.
- Goldstein, I.F., Matthew S. Perzanowski, Cynthia Lendor, Robin S. Garfinkel, Lori A. Hoepner, Frederica P. Perera, Rachel L. Miller. Prevalence of allergy symptoms and total IgE in a New York City cohort and their association with birth order, International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, 137 (3), 249-257, 2005.
- Eggleston, P.A, G. Diette, M. Lipsett, T. Lewis, I. Tager, R. McConnell, E. Chrischilles, B. Lanphear, R. Miller, and J. Krishnan. Lessons learned for the study of childhood asthma from the Centers for Children’s Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research, Environmental Health Perspectives, 113 (10): 1430-1436, 2005.
- Perzanowski MS, RL Miller, PS Thorne, RG Barr, A Divjan, BJ Sheares, RS Garfinkel, IF Goldstein, FP Perera, GL Chew. Endotoxin inner-city homes and the association with atopy and wheeze in the first two years of life. J Allergy Clin Immunology, 117:1082-9, 2006.
- Rastogi, D. Chaodong Wang, Cynthia Lendor, Paul B. Rothman, Rachel L. Miller. T helper 2 polarization among asthmatics during and following pregnancy and its effect on newborns, Clinical and Experimental Allergy, 36:892-898, 2006.
- Narvaez, Rafael, Kathleen Moors, Mayra Ramirez, Rachel L. Miller Risks in using non-rigorous Spanish translations of asthma questionnaires. Chest, 131(4): 1271-2, 2007, letter. PMCID: PMC2852125
- Rastogi, D., Chaodong Wang, Xia Mao, Cynthia Lendor, Paul B. Rothman, Rachel L. Miller. Antigen-specific immune responses to influenza vaccine in utero, Journal of Clinical Investigation, 117 (6):1637-46, 2007.
- Liu, Jinming, Manisha Ballaney, Umaima Al-alem, Chunli Quan, Ximei Jin, Frederica Perera, Lung-Chi Chen, Rachel L. Miller. Combined inhaled diesel exhaust particles and allergen exposure alter methylation of T helper genes and IgE production in vivo, Toxicological Sciences, 102 (1), 76-81, 2008.
- Perzanowski, M.S., GL Chew, A Divjan, K Panjwani, A Johnson, BJ Sheares, IF Goldstein, TA Platts-Mills, FP Perera, RL Miller. Cat ownership is a risk factor for developing anti-cat IgE but not current wheeze at age 5 in a low income urban NYC cohort, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 121:1047-52, 2008.
- Perzanowski, M.S, Maria Jose Rosa, Adnan Divjan, Alina Johnson, Judith S. Jacobson, Rachel L. Miller. Modifications improve an offline exhaled NO collection device for use with young children, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 122:213, 2008, letter.
- Lendor, Cynthia, Alina Johnson, Matthew Perzanowski, Ginger L. Chew, Inge F. Goldstein, Elizabeth Kelvin, Frederica Perera, Rachel L. Miller. Effects of winter birth season and prenatal indoor allergen exposure on indoor allergen- specific cord blood cell proliferation and cytokine production, Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 101(2):193-9, 2008.
- Miller, R. L., Ho, S.-m. Epigenetic studies should focus on specific cell types. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 178:883, 2008, letter.
- Narvaez, Rafael F., Lori Hoepner, Steven N. Chillrud, Beizhan Yan, Robin Garfinkel, Robin Whyatt, David Camann, Frederica P. Perera, Patrick L. Kinney, Rachel L. Miller. Spatial and temporal trends of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other traffic-related airborne pollutants in New York City, Environmental Science and Technology, 42:7330-35, 2008.
- Donohue, Kathleen M., Umaima Al-alem, Matthew S. Perzanowski, Ginger L. Chew, Alina Johnson, Adnan Divjan, Elizabeth A. Kelvin, Lori A. Hoepner, Frederica P. Perera, Rachel L. Miller, Anti-cockroach, mouse IgE is associated with early wheeze and atopy in an inner-city birth cohort, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 122(5):914-20, 2008.
- Perera F, W-Y Tang W-Y, JB Herbstman, DT Tang, L Levin, RL Miller and S-M Ho. Relation of DNA methylaton status of a 5’ island of ACSL3 to transplacental exposure to airborne polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and childhood asthma. PlosOne, 4(2) February 2009.
- Patel, Molini M., Lori Hoepner, Robin Garfinkel, Steven Chillrud, Andria Reyes, Frederica Perera, Rachel L. Miller Ambient metals and elemental carbon in fine particulate matter predict wheeze and cough in very young urban children, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 180 (11):1107-1113. 2009.
- Reardon, Ann Marie, Matthew S. Perzanowski, Robin M. Whyatt, Ginger L. Chew, Frederica P. Perera, Rachel. L. Miller. Associations between prenatal pesticide exposure and cough, wheeze and IgE in early childhood, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 124 (4): 852-4, 2009.
- Patel, Molini M. and Rachel L. Miller. Rapid DNA methylation changes after exposure to traffic particles: The issue of spatio-temporal factors. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 180( 10): 1030, 2009, letter.
- Perzanowski, Matthew S., Rachel L. Miller, Deliang Tang, David Ali, Robin S. Garfinkel, Ginger L. Chew, Inge F. Goldstein, Frederica P. Perera, R. Graham Barr. Prenatal acetaminophen exposure and risk of wheeze at age 5 years in an urban, low-income cohort, Thorax, 65 (2): 118-23, 2010.
- Rachel L. Miller, Robin Garfinkel, Cynthia Lendor, Lori Hoepner, Zheng Li, Lovisa Romanoff, Andreas Sjodin, Larry Needham, Frederica P. Perera, Robin M Whyatt. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon metabolite levels and pediatric asthma-related outcomes in an inner city cohort. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, 21:260-267, 2010.
- Kyung Hwa Jung, Beizhan Yan, Steven N. Chillrud, Frederica P. Perera, Robin Whyatt, David Camann, Patrick L. Kinney, and Rachel L. Miller. Assessment of benzo(a)pyrene-equivalent carcinogenicity and mutagenicity of residential indoor versus outdoor polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons exposing young children in New York City. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 7:1889-9000, 2010.
- Lin Lin, Huaijie Zhu, Chunli Quan, Gabriele Grunig, Manisha Ballaney, Ximei Jin, Frederica P. Perera, Phillip H. Factor, Lung-Chi Chen, Rachel L. Miller. Prenatal allergen and diesel exhaust exposure and their effects on allergy in adult offspring mice, Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology, 6(1):7,2010.
- Maria Jose Rosa, A. Divjan, L. Hoepner, B. J. Sheares, D. Diaz, K. Gauvey-Kern, F. P. Perera, R. L. Miller, M.P. Perzanowski. Fractional exhaled nitric oxide exchange parameters among nine year-old inner-city children, Pediatric Pulmonary, 46(1):83-91, 2011.
- Carolyn Chang, Kevin Gauvey-Kern, Alina Johnson, Elizabeth A. Kelvin, Ginger L. Chew, Frederica Perera, Rachel L. Miller. Association of age 5, but not cord blood, indoor allergen-induced mononuclear cell proliferation with age 5 IgE and asthma. Clinical and Molecular Allergy, 8:11, 2010.
- Kyung Hwa Jung, Molini M. Patel, Kathleen Moors, Patrick L. Kinney, Steven N. Chillrud, Robin Whyatt, Lori Hoepner, Robin Garfinkel, Beizhan Yan, James Ross, David Camann, Frederica P. Perera, and Rachel L. Miller. Effects of heating season on residential indoor and outdoor polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, black carbon, particulate matter in an urban birth cohort, Atmospheric Environment, 44: 4545-53, 2010.
- Marilyn Reyes , Matthew S. Perzanowski, Robin M. Whyatt, Elizabeth A. Kelvin, Andrew G. Rundle, Diurka Diaz, Beatriz Plaza, Lori Hoepner, Frederica P. Perera, Virginia Rauh, Rachel L. Miller. Maternal demoralization is associated with childhood wheeze, but not IgE, at age five years in an inner-city cohort, Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 107 (1): 42-49, 2011.
- Maria Jose Rosa, Kyung Hwa Jung, Matthew S. Perzanowski, Elizabeth A. Kelvin, Katherine W Darling, David Camann, Steven N Chillrud, Robin M Whyatt, Patrick L Kinney, Frederica P. Perera, Rachel L. Miller. Prenatal exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, environmental tobacco smoke and asthma in young children, Respiratory Medicine, 46(1):83-9, 1,2011.
- Wieslaw Jedrychowski, Frederica Perera, Umberto Maugeri, Rachel L. Miller, Maria Rembiasz, Elzbieta Flak, Elzbieta Mroz, Renata Majewska and Marek Zembala. Intrauterine exposure to lead may enhance sensitization to common inhalant allergens in early childhood. A prospective prebirth cohort study Environmental Research, 111 (1):119-24, 2011.
- WA Esposito, GL Chew, JC Correa, SN Chillrud, Rachel L. Miller and PL Kinney. Quantitative measurement of airborne cockroach allergen in New York City apartments. Indoor Air, 2(6):512-20 2011.
- Omar Olmedo, Luis Acosta, Inge F. Goldstein, Adnan Divjan, Andrew G. Rundle, Ginger Chew, Robert B. Mellins, Lori Hoepner, Frederic P Perera, Rachel L. Miller, Judith S. Jacobson, Matthew S. Perzanowski. Neighborhood differences in exposure and sensitization to cockroach, mouse, dust mite, cat and dog allergens in New York City, J Allergy Clin Immunol, 128 (2):284-292.e7, 2011.
- Phillip Factor, Alexander Akhmedov, Jake MacDonald, Anna Xu, Jie Wu, Trisha Das, Raymond Panettieri, Frederica Perera, and Rachel L. Miller. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons impair b2AR function in airway epithelial and smooth muscle cells, The American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology,45: 1045-1049, 2011.
- Kyung Hwa Jung, Kerlly Bernabé, Kathleen Moors, Beizhan Yan, Steven Chillrud, Robin Whyatt, David Camann, Patrick Kinney, Frederica Perera, Rachel Miller. Effects of floor level and building type on residential levels of outdoor and indoor polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, black carbon, and particulate matter in New York City. Atmosphere, 2:96-109, 2011
- Shuang Wang, Zhaoxia Yu, Rachel L. Miller, Deliang Tang, Frederica P. Perera. Methods for detecting interactions between imprinting genes and environmental exposures with mother-offspring pairs, Human Heredity, 71 (3): 196-208, 2011.
- Unnur S. Bjornsdottir, Stephen T. Holgate, Padmalatha S. Reddy…Rachel L. Miller…et. al. Pathways activated during human asthma exacerbation as revealed by gene expression patterns in blood. PlosOne. 6(7): e21902, 2011.
- Justin Mostecki, Walter T. Klimecki, Debra A. Stern, Suzanne L. Cassel, Lizhi Yu, Judit Knisz, Penelope Graves, Rachel L. Miller, Brian M. Showalter, Maartje van Peer, James Russo, Marilyn Halonen, Fernando D. Martinez, Donata Vercelli and Paul B. Rothman. A SOCS-1 Promoter Variant is associated with total serum IgE level, J. Immunology, 187 (5):2794-802 , 2011
- Wieslaw Jedrychowski, John D. Spengler, Umberto Maugeri, Rachel L. Miller, Dorota Budzyn-Mrozek, Matt Perzanowski, Elzbieta Flak, Elzbieta Mroz, Renata Majewska, Irena Kaim, Frederica Perera. Effect of prenatal exposure to ﬁne particulate matter and intake of Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) in pregnancy on eczema occurrence in early childhood. Science of the Total Environment 409, 5205-5209, 2011
- Molini M. Patel, James W. Quinn, Kyung Hwa Jung, Lori Hoepner, Diurka Diaz, Matthew Perzanowski, Andrew Rundle, Patrick L. Kinney, Frederica P. Perera, and Rachel L. Miller. Traffic density and point sources of air pollution associated with asthma and allergy from birth to age 5 years among New York City children, Environmental Research, 111(8): 1222-29, 2011.
- 49. Beizhan Yan, Daniel Kennedy, Rachel L. Miller, James Cowin, Kyung-hwa Jung, Matt Perzanowski, Marco Balletta, Federica Perera, Pat Kinney, Steven N. Chillrud.. Application of an optical and nondestructive method for PM filters to estimate urban environment exposure of black carbon, Atmospheric Environment, 45 (39):7478-7486, 2011.
- Alexandra G. Cornell, Steven N. Chillrud, Robert B. Mellins, Luis M. Acosta, Rachel L. Miller, James W. Quinn, Beizhan Yan, Adnan Divjan, Omar E. Olmedo, Sara Lopez-Pintado, Patrick L. Kinney, Frederica P. Perera, Judith S. Jacobson, Inge F. Goldstein, Andrew G. Rundle, Matthew S. Perzanowski. Domestic airborne black carbon and exhaled nitric oxide in children in NYC. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, 2012, in press.
- DZ Torrone, JS Kuriakose, K Moors, H Jiang, M Niedzwiecki, F Perera, RL Miller. Reproducibility and intra-individual variation over days in buccal cell DNA methylation of two asthma genes, interferon gamma (IFN-γ) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), Clinical Epigenetics, 4:3, 2012.
- Julie S. Kuriakose, Maria José Rosa, Matthew S. Perzanowski, and Rachel L. Miller. Bronchial nitric oxide flux may be better associated with inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) promoter methylation. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 185: 460-461, 2012, letter.
- Qixuan Chen, Allan C. Just, Rachel L. Miller, Matthew S. Perzanowski, Inge F. Goldstein, Frederica P. Perera, Robin M. Whyatt. Using latent class growth analysis to identify childhood wheeze phenotypes in an urban birth cohort, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 2012, in press
- Wan-yee Tang, Glenn Talaska, Yuk Yin Cheung, Linda Levin, Julie Herbstman, Rachel L Miller, Frederica Perera and Shuk-Mei Ho. Maternal exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons is associated with methylation at a 5’-CpG island of interferon-γ in cord white blood cells, Environmental Health Perspectives, 2012, in press
Invited chapters, editorials, book chapters:
- Miller, R. L. and P. B. Rothman. Molecular mechanisms controlling IgE responses In:T.F. Kresina, ed., Immune modulating agents, Marcel Dekker Inc, Chapt. 2, 21-33, 1998.
- Miller, R. L. Breathing freely: The need for asthma research on gene-environment interactions. American Journal of Public Health, 89:819-822, 1999.
- Rachel L. Miller, Manisha Daswani, and Cynthia Lendor. Prenatal exposure to air pollution and respiratory outcomes in children. In: Passive Smoking and Health Research, Editor: N.A. Jeorgenson, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., Chapt 12, 283-296, 2007.
- Miller, Rachel L and Shuk-mei Ho Environmental epigenetics and asthma: Current concepts and call for studies, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 177:567-573, 2008.
- Miller, Rachel L. Prenatal maternal diet and asthma risk. The Journal of Clinical Investigation, 118(10):3265-3268, 2008.
- Molini M. Patel and Rachel L. Miller. Air pollution and childhood asthma: Recent advances and future directions. Current Opinion in Pediatrics, 21: 235-242. 2009. PMCID: PMC2740858
- Rachel L. Miller and Julie Herbstman. Epigenetic mechanisms in asthma, In: Epigenetics Nutrition and Environmental Health. Wiley Publishers (Germany), Chapt. 20, p253-263, 2009.
- Julie S Kuriakose and Rachel L Miller. Environmental epigenetics and allergic diseases: Recent advances. Clinical and Experimental Allergy, 40(11):1602-10, 2010. PMCID: PMC2970703
- Jennifer Camacho MD and Rachel L. Miller. Asthma in women and treatment guidelines. Lung Health Professional Magazine, 1(3): 8-10, 2010.
- 1Miller, Rachel L. Asthma epigenetics: Emergence of a new paradigm? In: Michels KB (ed). Epigenetic Epidemiology.New York, Springer Publishing, Chapt 16: 307-320, 2012.
- Rachel L. Miller and Cara L. Agerstrand. Targeting indoor air pollution: Interpreting the RESPIRE trial, The Lancet, 378:1682-83, 2011.
- Stephanie Lovinsky-Desir and Rachel L. Miller. Environmental epigenetics and asthma: Our environment’s molecular footprints, In: Toxicology and Epigenetics. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., (England), 2012, in press.
- Stephanie Lovinsky-Desir and Rachel L. Miller. Epigenetics, asthma and allergic diseases: A review of latest advancements. Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, 2012, in press
- Children’s Environmental Health Research – Highlights from the Columbia Center for Children’s Environmental Health. Frederica Perera, Sheila Viswanathan, Robin Whyatt, Deliang Tang, Rachel L. Miller, Virginia Rauh, Ann. New York Academy of Sciences, 1076:15-28, 2006.
- Epidemiology of Anaphylaxis: Findings of the ACAAI Epidemiology of Anaphylaxis Working Group (Phil Lieberman, MD; Carlos Camargo, Jr., MD; Kari Bohlke, ScD; Hershel Jick, MD; Rachel L. Miller, MD; Aziz Sheikh, MD; Estelle Simons, MD). Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 97: 596-602, 2006.
- Chung, E.K., R. L. Miller, M. T. Wilson, S. J. McGeady, J. F. Culhane. Antenatal risk factors, cytokines and the development of atopic disease in early childhood, Arch. Dis. in Child. Fetal Neonatal Ed. 92: 68-73, 2007.
- Eun Soo Kwak, Allan Just, Robin Whyatt , Rachel L. Miller, Phthalates, pesticides, and bisphenol-A exposure and the development of nonoccupational asthma and allergies: How valid are the links?, Open Allergy Journal, 2; 45-50, 2009. PMCID: PMC2901120
- Virginia A. Rauh, Megan K. Horton, Robin M. Whyatt, Rachel L. Miller, Frederica Perera, Neonatology and the environment: Impact of early exposure to airborne environmental toxicants on infant and child neurodevelopment, NeoReviews, 11:e363-69, 2010. NIHMSID 241987.
- Donohue, Kathleen, Alissa Hersh, Rachel Miller. Continuing Medical Education examination. Asthma and obesity: Common early-life influences. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology121(5): 1085-86, 2008.
- Donohue, Kathleen, Amy Shah, Alissa Hersh, Rachel Miller. Continuing Medical Education examination. Complementary and alternative medicine: Herbs, phytochemicals, and vitamins and their immunologic effects. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology123(10): 295-6, 2009.
Presented as a paper of the year in the Year of Review, American Thoracic Society, 1997:
Miller, R. L. and R. P. Cole. Association between reduced cuff leak volume and postextubation stridor, Chest, 1996.
Featured on websites of Nature and Science; telephone interview on ABC news:
Rastogi, D. et. al, Antigen-specific immune responses to influenza vaccine in utero, Journal of Clinical Investigation, June, 2007.
Featured on American Thoracic Society morning minute distributed nationally to all members; telephone interview on CBS news, NPR; Reuters Health; Environmental Health News
Patel, Molini M. et. Al. Ambient metals and elemental carbon in fine particulate matter predict wheeze and cough in very young urban children, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, December, 2009.
Featured on American Thoracic Society morning minute distributed nationally to all members; HealthyDay; Fox 5 News Edge; msn.com
Marilyn Reyes , et. al.. Maternal demoralization is associated with childhood wheeze, but not IgE, at age five years in an inner-city cohort, Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 107 (1): 42-49, 2011.
Phone: (212) 305-7759
Fax: (212) 342-0072
College of Physicians & Surgeons
630 W. 168th Street, P&S 8-430
New York, NY, 10032
College of Physicians & Surgeons
622 W. 168th Street, PH 8E-101
New York, NY 10032