Ralph Binder, M.D.
Assistant Attending in Medicine
Dr. Binder is interested in all aspects of Pumonary Medicine with particular emphasis on Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease and Interstitial Lung Disease. Over the last 20 years he has given many lectures on Asthma and Chronic Lung Disease in Westchester County, where he practices, and has served as a valuable resource for the treatment of Asthma. He served as the Chief of the Pulmonary Division at Lawrence Hospital from 1985- 1995.
Education and Training
- B.A. Princeton University, 1966-1970
- Medical School:
- Yale University 1970-1975
- Masters of Public Health, Yale University 1973-1975
- Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Med
- Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center 1976-1978
- Pulmonary Medicine, Boston University Medical Center 1978-1980
Honors and Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Merck Index Award (Princeton, outstanding Senior in Chemistry Department)
- Physical Chemistry Prize
- 1978-1980 American Lung Association Training Fellowship
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Top Doctors in New York Metropolitan Area 2013, 2014
- Editorial Consultant, CHEST (Northbrook, IL)
Ralph E. Binder, MD, FACP, FCCP
329 White Plains Road
Eastchester, NY 10709
P: (914) 337-1610
F: (914) 337-9312
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- General Pulmonary Medicine
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Boudhuys, A., Mitchell, C.A., Hosein, H.R., Schoenberg, J.B.,Binder, R.E., and Schilling, R.S.F.: Epidemiologic Studies of Lung disease in Urban and Rural Communities. International Symposium, Proceedings, Recent Advances in the Assessment of the Health Effects of Environmental Pollution, Volume II, Paris, June 24-28, 1974.
- Binder, R.E.,and Mitchell, C.A.: Use of the Productive Cough Test to Confirm Presence of Respiratory Symptoms in School Age Children, Am. Rev. Respiratory Disease, 112:461, 1975.
- Binder, R.E.,Mitchell, C.A., Schoenberg, J.B., and Boudhuys, A.:Air Pollution Exposure:The Importance of the Indoor Environment. Arch. Environ. Health 31:277, 1976.
- Binder, R.E., Mitchell, C.A., Schoenberg, J.B., and Boudhuys,A.: Lung Function Among Black and White Children. Amer. Rev. Resp. Dis. 114:955, 1976.
- Binder, R.E.,Pugatch, P.D., Faling, L.J.., Kanter, R.A., and Sawim,C.T.:Diagnosis of Posterior Mediastinal Goiter by Computer Tomography. Compt. Assist. Tomgr. 4:550, 1980.
- Binder, R.E., Faling, L.J., Pugatch, P.D., Mahasaen, and Snider, G.L.:Chronic Necrotizing Pulmonary Aspergillosis:A Discrete Clinical Entity, Medicine 61:109, 1982.
- Hollingsworth, H.M., Downing, E.T., Broman, S.S., Glassroth, J., Binder, R.E., and Center, D.M.: Identification and Characterization of Neutrophil Chemotactic Activity in Aspirin Induced Asthma. Amer. Rev. Resp. Dis 130:373, 1984.
- Binder, R.E.: Problems with Pneumothoras Catheter. Chest 87:704, 1985.
- Binder, R.E., Stone, P.J., Calore, J.D., Dunn, D.M., Snider, G.L., Franzblau, C., anmd Valeril, C.R.: Serum Anti-Elastase and Neutrophil Elastase Levels in PM Phenotype Cigarette smokers with Airflow Obstruction. Respiration 47:267-277, 1985.
- Binder, R.E.: Complications Associated with Thoracentesis. Chest 42:30, 1987.
- Binder, R.E., and Robins, A.G.: Anaerobic Pleuropulmonary Infections in Current Topics in the Management of Respiratory Diseases. J.S. Brody and G.L. Snider (eds.), Vol. 1, p. 127, Churchhill Livingston, New York, 1981.
- Michael R Konschak, Adam Binder, and Ralph E Binder,: Oxygen Therapy Utilization in a Community Hospital: Use of a Protocol to Improve Oxygen Administration and Preserve Resources. Repiratory Care 44 (5): 506, 1999.