Kashif Raza M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dr. Kashif Raza attends within the Advanced Lung Disease and Lung Transplantation Programs.Dr. Kashif Raza graduated from Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan. After completing his internal Medicine training from Marshall University, West Virginia, he completed infectious disease fellowship from East Carolina University, North Carolina and Transplant Infectious Disease fellowship from Univeristy of Pittsburgh. He joined University of Pittsburgh as an Infectious Disease Division faculty memeber before going to University of Minnesota for fellowship training in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Lung Transplantation. During his fellowship he received NIH NHLBI T32 training grant for 3 years. He joined Columbia University Lung Transplant program as Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine in 2012
Education and Training
- FSc Certificate Bio, Phys, Chem, Government Zamindar Degree College, Gujrat, Pakistan, 1989-1991
- Medical School:
- Nishtar Medical College, Multan, Pakistan, 1991-1997
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia, 2000-2003
- Infectious Disease Fellow, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, 2003-2005
- Transplant Infectious Diseases Fellow, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2005-2007.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellow, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2008-2011
- Lung Transplantation Fellow, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2011-2012
Selected Honors and Awards
- 1991-1997 Scholarship for duration of Medical College Education
- 1997 College Color
- 2007 ATS Travel Grant
- 2009 Co-chair Transplant Infectious Disease Session at 29th Annual Meeting of International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- 2009-2012 Recipient of T32 Grant
- 2011 ATS Travel Grant
Lung Transplant Program
622 W. 168th Street, PH-14
New York, NY 10032-3784
P: (212) 305-7771
- Lung Transplant
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Lung Transplantation
- Transplant-related infections
- Internal Medicine Diplomate, 2003
- Infectious Disease Diplomate, 2005
- Pulmonary Disease Diplomate, 2011
- K. Raza, S. Burmawala, S. Studer, M. Crespo, D L Paterson, E J Kwak, J. Pilewski, K. R. McCurry, and S. Husain. Successful outcome of Human Metapneumovirus (hMPV) pneumonia in a lung transplant recipient treated with intravenous ribavirin. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, 2007: 8; 862-4.
- A. Zeevi, S. Husain, K.J. Spichty, K. Raza, J. B. Woodcock, D. Zaldonis, L. M. Carruth, R. J. Kowalski, J. A. Britz and K. R. McCurry. Recovery of functional memory T cells in lung transplant recipients following induction therapy with Alemtuzumab. American Journal of Transplantation, 2007;7; 475-479.
- S. Husain, K. Raza, J. M. Pilewski, D. Zaldonis, Y. Toyoda, K. Shutt, K. Spichty, C. Bentlejewski, D.L. Pakstis, M.E. Carey, K.R. McCurry, A. Zeevi. Experience with immune monitoring in lung transplant recipients: Correlation of low immune function with infection. Transplantation, 2009; 87 (12); 1852-7.
- M.M. Crespo, K. Raza, B.A. Johnson, K. McCurry, J. Pilewski and S. Husain Risk of pulmonary aspergillosis after bronchial stent placement in lung transplant (LTx) recipients. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplant, 2006; 25; S1;66.
- S Husain, K. Raza, K.R. McCurry, J. Pilewski, K.J. Spichty, J. Woodcock, R. Kowalski, J. Britz and A. Zeevi. Role of Cylex® assay in monitoring cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection or disease in lung transplant recipients. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, 2006; 25; S1; 164.
- K Raza, S Studer, DL Paterson, F Silveira, EJ Kwak, M Crespo, DL Pakstis, ME Carey, A Zeevi, J Pilewski, KR McCurry, S Husain. Epidemiology of bacterial tracheobronchitis in prospective cohort of lung transplant recipients (LTRs). American Journal of Transplantation, 2006; 6; S2; 964.
- S Husain, K Raza, DL Paterson, K Spichty, A Girnita, D Zaldonis, R Kowalski, J Britz, KR McCurry, A Zeevi. Infection profile in lung transplant recipients associated with suppressed T cell reactivity American Journal of Transplantation, 2006; 6; S2; 696.
- K Raza, S Studer, D L Paterson, M Crespo, D L Pakstis, M E Carey, A Zeevi, J Pilewski, K R McCurry, S Husain. Epidemiology of late bacterial pneumonia in prospective cohort of lung transplant recipients (LTRs). Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, 2007; 26; S2; 223.
- S Husain, K Raza, D L Paterson, J Pilewski, K Spichty, D Zaldonis, M E Carey, R Kowlaski, D Post, J Britz, K R McCurry, A Zeevi. Impact of various infectious syndromes on immune function profile in lung transplant recipients American Journal of Transplantation, 2007; 7; S2; 245.
- K Raza, S Studer, D L Paterson, J Pilewski, B Johnson, M Crespo, F Silveira, D L Pakstis, K Shutt, S Husain, K R McCurry. Infectious complications at one year in lung retransplant recipients (LRTRs): A matched case control study American Journal of Transplantation, 2007; 7; S2; 504.
- NIH NHLBI training grant T32 HL-7714-18 2009 – 2012
Mentors: Marshall Hertz and Angela Panoskaltsis-Mortari
Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Therapy for post bone marrow transplant Obliterative Bronchiolitis.