Claire Keating, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center
Associate Director, Gunnar Esaison Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Lung Center
Claire Keating, MD is the Associate Director of the Gunnar Esiason Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Lung Program since 2009. She has done epidemiologic research in adult-diagnosis cystic fibrosis and has presented posters and published several abstracts and a paper. She is currently serving as PI on two pharmaceutical trials in cystic fibrosis and is a sub-investigator on several other clinical trials in pulmonary diseases.
Education and Training
- B.S. with Honors, Biological Sciences: Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1997
- Medical School:
- Tufts University Medical School, 2003
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, 2004
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, 2006
- Clinical Fellow Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, 2006-2009
Honors and Awards
- 1997 Honors in Biological Sciences Major, Cornell University
- 1997 AWARDS Golden Key National Honor Society, Cornell University
- 2001 Presidential Award for Citizenship and Public Service, Tufts University
- 2006 Daniel M. Libby Program Director’s Award, Cornell Medical Center
Adult CF Center
Contact: Ida Soler Cruz
622 W. 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
P: (212) 305-0631
F: (212) 342-4784
Columbia Pulmonary Associates
Herbert Irving Pavilion
161 Fort Washington Avenue, 310
New York, NY 10032
P: (212) 305-1544
F: (212) 342-1882
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- General Pulmonary Medicine
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Cystic Fibrosis & Lung Disease Program
- Jo-Ann F. LeBuhn Center for Chest Disease and Respiratory Failure
- Internal Medicine Diplomate, 2006
- Pulmonary Disease Diplomate, 2008
- Critical Care Medicine Diplomate, 2009
- Non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis
- Adult diagnosis of cystic fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis therapeutics
- Wiedmann M, Bruce JL, Keating C, Johnson AE, McDonough PL, Batt CA.
Ribotypes and virulence gene polymorphisms suggest three distinct Listeria monocytogenes lineages with differences in pathogenic potential. Infection & Immunity 1997 Jul;65(7):2707-16.
- Narayanasami U, Kanteti R, Morelli J, Klekar A, Al-Olama A, Keating C, O'Connor C, Berkman E, Erban JK, Sprague KA, Miller KB, Schenkein DP. Randomized trial of filgrastim versus chemotherapy and filgrastim mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells for rescue in autologous transplantation. Blood. 2001 Oct 1;98(7):2059-64.
- Keating C, Liu X, DiMango E. Adult-Diagnosis Cystic Fibrosis; Characterization
of Phenotype and Genotype. Manuscript in review
- Keating C, Wang S, Brenner K, Wang T, Powell C. Circulating Progenitor Cells in Non-Small PRESENTATIONS Cell Lung Cancer Patients. Poster presentation, American Thoracic Society Annual Meetings,
Toronto, Canada 2008. Am. J. Respir. Critical Care Med, 2008.
- Keating C, Liu X, DiMango E. Characteristics of Adult Diagnosis of CF from the CF Foundation Registry. Poster Presentation, North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference, Orlando, FL 2008. Pediatric Pulmonology, 2008.
- Keating C, Liu X, DiMango E. Predictors of Lung Function in Cystic Fibrosis at Diagnosis. Poster presentation, American Thoracic Society Annual Meetings, San Diego 2009. Am. J. Respir. Critical Care Med, 2009.