Angela DiMango, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center
- B.A. Mathematics, New York University, NY, NY, 1980-1984
- Medical School:
- SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY 1985-1989
- Internal Medicine, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, 1989-1990
- Internal Medicine, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, 1990-1992
- Pulmonary/ Critical Care Medicine, Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, 1993-1996
Honors and Awards
- 1983 Phi Beta Kappa at New York University
- 1984 Magna Cum Laude at New York University
- 1988 Alpha Omega Alpha SUNY Health Sciences Center
- 1994 Outstanding Teaching Fellow of the Year at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
- 1997 Junior Faculty Teaching Award in Pulmonary Medicine Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
- 2010 Ewig Clinical Scholar Education Award, Columbia University
161 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
P: (212) 305-5730
F: (212) 305-0242
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- Interstitial Lung Disease/Sarcoid
- General Pulmonary Medicine
- Internal Medicine Diplomate, 1993, 2004
- Pulmonary Disease Diplomate, 1995, 2005
- Critical Care Medicine Diplomate, 1996
- Pulmonary nodules
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group (NETT): Advanced Emphysema in African-American and Caucasian Patients. Chest 2006; 130: 108-118.
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group (NETT): A randomized trial comparing Lung Volume Reduction Surgery with medical therapy for severe emphysema. New England Journal of Medicine 2003; 348; 2059-73.
- Rabkin DG, Skaden RN, DiMango A, Steinglass KM, Goldstein DJ: Nitric oxide for the treatment of postpneumonectomy pulmonary edema. Ann Thoracic Surgeryl 2001 Jul:72 (1) 272-274.
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group (NETT): Rational and design of the Natiomal Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT): A prospective randomized tria of lung volume reduction surgery. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation; 20;024-36, 2000.
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group: Patients at high risk of death after lung volume reduction surgery. New England Journal of Medicine; 345:1075-83, 2001.
- AM Dimango, PF Simonelli, M. Argenziano, LA Gorenstein, KM Steinglass, ME Ginsberg, C. Yip, KM Prager, B. Thomashow, J Edsall. (1996) Spirometry and exercise tolerance are significantly imporved in patients who undergo volume reduction pneumectomy for advanced emphysema. American Journal Respiratory Care (153).
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group: Rational and design of the National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT): A prospective randomized trial of lung volume reduction surgery. Chest; 116: 1750-1761, 1999.
- Washko GR, Fan VS, Ramsey SD, Mohsenifar Z, Martinez F, Make BJ, et al, for the National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group: The effect of lung volume reduction surgery on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations. Am J Respir Crit Care Med; 177: 164-169, 2008.
- Lederer DJ, Thomashow BM, Ginsburg ME, Austin JHM, Bartels MN, Yip CK, Jellen PA, Brogan FL, Kawut SM, Maxfield RA, DiMango AM, Simonelli PF, Gorenstein LA, Pearson GDN, Sonett JR. Lung volume reduction surgery for pulmonary emphysema: Improvement in the BODE index after 1 year. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007;133(6): 1434-8.