Favorite Intern Restaurants by Neighborhood (and their recommender):
- Gigino's Wagner Park (Bram): A little-known gem. Italian food on the water, in sight of the Statue of Liberty.
- Max (Nadia): Great Italian place. Cute, warm feel to the restaurant. Reasonably priced and so delicious!
- Blue Smoke BBQ (Matt)
- Craft (Corinna): Amazing food, really good service, lots of nice extra touches. The chef is Tom Colicchio who judges the America's Top Chef show ?
- Tamarind (Anne): trendy Indian food, cool environment
Lower East Side
- Cube 63 (Nadia): Sushi/Japanese. BYOB. Super yummy!
- Stanton Social (Anne): absolutely amazing food!! Sliders and French onion soup dumplings are especially wonderful, but everything I've ever had there is delicious
- Patsy's (Lisa): Good Italian food
- Thalia (Corinna): Found this place kind of randomly, but they have a fantastic brunch. Very good quality, and mimosas/Bloody Mary's are included, so it's a great value!
- Columbia Cottage (Kim): excellent food, love that they give free table wine with every order
- Frankie's Roti Roll (Matt)
- Kitchenette (Kim): awesome brunch, amazing pastries
- Lime Leaf Caf (Melissa): best pad thai by far that I've had in the city
- Melba's (Lisa): Good comfort American food (mac n cheese and yams)
- Phebe's (Gabe): Sports bar
- Sala (Gabe): Spanish, pricey
- Devin Tavern (Rebecca)
Upper West Side
- Calle Ocho (Stu): Caribbean/Latin American/Cuban, great for a special occasion, amazing sangrias
- Chirping Chicken (Stu): great food, cheap, quick service, a must go- and they give us a 10% discount with employee ID
- French Roast (Dina): good food, good coffee, good wines, and open 24 hours!
- The Metro Diner (Melissa): best veggie burger, according to my mom ?
- Momoya Amsterdam (Stu): Japanese/sushi, my favorite sushi place in the city, great yellowtail roll with mango and raspberry dipping sauce- can't get that anywhere else!
- Saigon Grill (Corinna): really good Vietnamese, good prices, the place is huge so you can always get in, plus they deliver (this is my favorite post-call food). Also have a second location at Union Square.
- Toast (Dina and Melissa): casual American comfort food, not pricey, good burgers and mac & cheese
- El Malecon (Nefthi)
- Hudson View Restaurant (Nefthi)
- Bar Pitti (Michele): delicious Italian food for very reasonable prices. Just beware: cash only and can have a long wait!
- Elephant and Castle (Michele): Best for comfort food, especially brunch.
- Extra Virgin (Michele): Good food, varied menu, and you can eat outside in the spring, summer and early fall. Great for people-watching!
- Las Ramblas (Nadia): Tapas restaurant. Very authentic. Small but worth the wait.
- Strip House (Anne): expensive but best steak in the city in my opinion
- Yoshi-sushi (Kim): fresh sushi, great service
Upper East Side
- Blockheads (Hari): good cheap Mexican food and drinks
- Buon Gusto (Bram): my neighborhood favorite on the UES; small, friendly, but sophisticated Italian. My comfort food of choice whatever the occasion.
- Patsy's Pizza (Hari and Lisa): numerous locations around Manhattan, patsyspizzeriany.com
- Spice (Hari): Thai