Applicants to our resident program are selected through the National Resident Matching Program and we are identified as NewYork Presbyterian-Columbia Campus. If any questions arise please call, 212-305-8504
- Graduation from medical school anticipated for 2019 or if graduated prior to 2018, participation in a U.S. accredited residency or fellowship program, or other post-graduate education program.
- If an international student, must have ECFMG certification.
- Please note that our institution sponsors the J-1 visa only.
How to Apply
Application Open: Sept. 15, 2018
Application Deadline: Dec. 1, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our residency program. We begin interviews in mid-November. Completed applications must be received by Dec. 1, 2017, to be considered for the 2018 Match. Below are the steps to apply:
- Register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for a first year (R1) position.
- Complete your application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All applications to our residency program must come through ERAS.
- A complete application consists of the ERAS Common Application Form (CAF), medical school transcript, personal statement, USMLE scores (Part 1), Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter and three letters of recommendation.
- USMLE Step 1 must be taken prior to application and Step 2 must be taken before the match. (COMLEX scores will not be considered in place of USMLE.)
- Graduation from medical school anticipated for 2018 or if graduated prior to 2018, participation in a U.S. accredited residency or fellowship program, or other post-graduate education program.
- If applicable, ECFMG certification. Please note that our institution sponsors the J-1 visa only.
Applications are reviewed by the program director and intern selection committee, after which candidates are invited for interviews. Interview invitations are sent via email. Once you receive an invitation to interview, please contact us at your earliest convenience to schedule your interview date. Interviews are generally conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from mid-November through January.
If you have research career interests, please include that information in your email when you reply to the offer email. We will make efforts to have you interview with some of our physician-scientist faculty in the morning, and arrange additional interviews with faculty in your area of career interest following the completion of the interview day (after 1:30 p.m.).
These informal dinners are designed to give applicants from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine a chance to network and converse with a minority faculty member, a fellow and a resident in an informal setting. The dinners this recruitment season will be held on Mondays and Thursdays during interview season.
Meet the Residents
Social Nights with the CHONY Residents are held Tuesday evenings at local bistros during applicant season. This is an opportunity to meet residents outside the hospital in an informal setting. Details of social events will be sent to you once your interview date is scheduled. If you are not able to join them, you will still be meeting and interacting with the residents during our luncheon.
Please feel free to contact us with questions:
NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Pediatric Residency Training Program
630 West 168th Street, CHN-517
New York, New York 10032