To apply, complete an ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) prior to December 1st. Submit a dean's letter, official transcript, three letters of recommendation from supervising faculty, a personal statement, and curriculum vitae.
PGY-1 Residents are selected via the National Resident Matching Program.
Applications are reviewed by the program director, after which candidates are invited for interviews. Interviews are generally conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from mid November through January.
Submit Applications to:
Elizabeth A. Wedemeyer, MD
The Pediatric Residency Training Program
630 West 168th Street, CHN-517
New York, New York 10032
International Medical Graduates Requirements:
- USMLE scores: 89 and above on Step I and II
- Visa Type: Only J-1 Sponsorship US Clinical Experience: Is Preferred, depends on the overall application
- Graduation Year Cut Off: No More than 1-2 years
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I send a "Universal Application for Residency"?
- When is your deadline for applications?
- How many letters of recommendation do I need to submit?
- Do you require a letter from the Chair of Pediatrics?
- Is there a maximum number of letters of recommendation you will accept?
- How will I be notified if I am offered an interview?
- When should I call to schedule an interview?
- When are interviews held?
- May I request a particular pediatric subspecialty physician interview?
Do you require a letter from the Chair of Pediatrics?
We do not require a Chairman's letter. We prefer letters from physicians who know the applicant and is able to comment on your skills, abilities and accomplishments and suitability for a residency.
Is there a maximum number of letters of recommendation you will accept?
We require three letters of recommendation. We will review and consider any letter of recommendation that is submitted through ERAS.
How will I be notified if I am offered an interview?
We will communicate with you by e-mail. Once your application has been reviewed you will receive an email notifying you if you have been granted an interview; or if your application has been placed on "Hold" for further information.
When are interviews scheduled?
We schedule interviews from mid-November to the end of January. We interview on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. We generally do not interview during the last week of December through the first week of January.
May I request a particular pediatric subspecialty physician interviewer?
If you have research or subspecialty career interests, please include that information in your email when you reply to the offer email. We will contact you to arrange for you to meet with the staff generally following the completion of the interview day (after 1:30 p.m.)