Asthma is a major public health problem that disproportionately affects children living inner-cities. Our research has looked at environmental and psychosocial factors affecting outcome as well as issues of health care delivery.
- Clinical Trial of Chinese Herbal Therapy in Asthma Patients
- Inner-City Asthma Consortium: Immunologic approaches to reduce asthma. To understand allergic mechanisms in the development of asthma and to develop immune-mediated interventions. Meyer Kattan, MD (NIH-NIAID N01 A1 90052)
- Comparative effectiveness of environmental intervention and standard care in ability to reduce pharmaceuticals in asthma. Meyer Kattan, MD; Emily DiMango, MD (NIH 1 RO1 HS019384-01)
The Cystic Fibrosis Center is part of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Development Network (TDN) which participates in clinical trials of novel therapies for CF. The Center is also involved in investigator initiated studies of the microbiologic complications of CF with a specific interest in the implications of MRSA and CF and the respiratory microbiology of infants with CF identified by newborn screening.
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Childhood Sleep Behaviors. Beverley Sheares, MD; Carin Lamm, MD (NIH-NHLBI 5 RO1 HL092856-03)
The Division of Pulmonology participates in multidisciplinary clinical trials supported by the Motor Neuron Center.
- Natural History Study of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Andre Constantinescu, MD, PhD (PNCR consortium)