The HIV/AIDS Sub-Specialty is designed to prepare nurses to provide advanced and specialized care to persons with HIV infection as clinicians, clinical nurse specialists, and patient care educators. Students will have an opportunity to do their clinical experience at many of the New York State designated AIDS Centers.
The Program Director for the HIV/AIDS sub-specialty program is JoAnne Staats.
Students completing this sub-specialty will:
* Critically analyze the issues surrounding the AIDS epidemic
* Collaborate with colleagues and develop prevention and wellness promotion teaching programs
* Examine ethical legal challenges related to the epidemic
* Obtain clinical expertise in the management of HIV/AIDS and the provision of primary care to this population
* Generate research problems related to HIV infection
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|N6690||HIV/AIDS: Overview of the Epidemic||3|
|N6695||Practicum in HIV/AIDS Care||2|
The above information is current as of 09/17/2009 and is subject to change.