| As of January 14th 2012, calls to internal phone and fax numbers require all 7 digits. Internal 5 digit dialing is not available except for the emergency numbers listed below. Please see the Campus Dialing Plans for details.|
To transfer a call, forward a call, or use the conferencing features, please remember that you must dial a 7 digit number.|
For off-campus NYC calls dial:
9+1+area code+7 digit number
Telecommunications Services for Schools and Departments
Requesting Phone and Services
The majority of the Medical Center locations are supported by the NORTEL SL-100 Telecommunications
system using Meridian multi-lines phones. The Meridian phones have a variety of features and functions
that can be ordered in different configurations to meet specific requirements. Single line phones and
analog lines (for fax, modems, and veriphones) are also available on the system.
Please see below for basic Telecommunications help and services, or select a link to the left for more detailed information.
To request new desk phones, moves, additions, changes and voicemail follow the instructions here. Information on requesting cellular, paging, billing and fax services can be found below or via links on the left.
All orders for new phones should be completed within ten (10) business days; larger orders may take longer. For inquiries on any orders not completed in that time frame, please call 305-7777. A telecommunications representative should be able to provide status on your order.
- Download the Service Request Form (Excel spreadsheet)
- Fill out the downloaded form.
Be sure you have read and understood all related request information, and completed the form properly in order to avoid possible delays with your request.
- No more than one (1) phone per form
- Use multiple forms for phone orders, up to a maximum of six (6) phones
- A larger job requires a meeting.
- Email your completed Service Request Form to us at email@example.com.
- Once an order is received by telecommunications, it will be assigned a sequential log number for reference and tracking. Confirmation of receipt and assigned order number(s) will be emailed back to the person requesting the order.
Email is the most efficient way to place an order, but you may fax your order form to 305-6000.
To report an issue with your telephone, please call the repair line at 305-7745 and select prompt 1. Your call will be transferred to the NYPH Help Desk. They handle telephone issues for both the university and hospital. Please note that the general turnaround time is 24-48 hours.
When reporting a problem, please include the following information:
For Russ Berrie and Irving Cancer Center telephone repair issues please call 854-1919.
- The full 7 digit number (xxx-xxxx) of the defective telephone.
- Type of telephone (ex. Multi-line, single line ).
- Intercom number (applies to multi-line sets only).
- Department name, building, floor, and room where defective phone is located.
- A description of the problem.
- Name and phone number of contact person.
Cellular Phone Service
Should you need a standard cellular phone, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the appropriate ARC Chart String. When the cellular phone has been activated, you will be notified by email to pick up the phone in the CUMC Telecommunications office located on PH20 Room 201.
How to Page
- Dial 305-5880 to reach the paging system.
- Enter the 5 digit pager number of the person you want to page (i.e. 8XXXX).
- Follow the paging system prompts.
If you wish to bypass the paging system you can dial the persons 10 digit pager number directly (i.e. 917 899-XXXX), then follow the paging system prompts.
To send a text message to alpha-numeric pagers via the USA MOBILITY web site (Note: you must have the 10 digit external pager number, i.e. 917 899-xxxx) logon to http://www.usamobility.com and click send message
To send messages, check status, change status, or get a history of pages via Smart Web, logon to http://infonet.nyp.org/. Click the pager icon and follow the instructions by using your 5 digit (8XXXX) pager number and password.
Should you need additional assistance with paging procedures, please contact NYPH Telecommunications at 305-7740.
| TOP |