Synchronize Your MC Password
If you have changed or reset your MC account (computer login and/or Exchange email) password via the myPassword web site, you will also need to make sure that it is updated on any other devices and computers that may have stored the old password.
The devices that should be checked are:
If you do not update the password on all devices that have stored it, you may find that your account becomes repeatedly locked. Once you are sure you have updated your changed or reset password on all devices, you may also need to Unlock Your Account.
Please follow the instructions below to synchronize your password as needed, based on the devices you use in addition to your work computer. Typically this is simply going into the device's email settings, removing the old saved password and typing in the new password.
iPhone and iPad
- Put the device in Airplane mode: select the Settings icon from the home screen and set the Airplane Mode option to on.
- While still in Settings, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Under Accounts select CUMC Exchange. If you used a description other than CUMC Exchange when first connecting to your email, select that instead.
- Tap the Account field (it should show email@example.com) and enter your new password in the Password field.
- Select Done in the upper right to save and exit the account settings.
- In the main Settings screen change Airplane Mode to off.
- Press the home button on your device and open Mail to verify that you are able to access your Exchange email. You will see an error if the password was entered incorrectly.
Instructions below are for Android OS 4. For other versions the steps may be slightly different, please check your instruction manual or the device manufacturer's website for additional help on changing a password for an Exchange email account.
- Select the Settings icons (usually on your device's Home screen), then select Accounts and Sync (you may need to scroll down to find it).
- Select Exchange ActiveSync or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Select General Settings or Settings.
- Select Configure server, Incoming Settings, or Exchange Server Settings.
- Scroll down to the Password field. Tap into the field and type in the new password you have already set via the myPassword site.
- Click the Save or Next button. Your device will attempt to login with the new password and return to settings with no error message if successful. If prompted or if the device is still in Airplane mode, be sure to exit it in order to connect.
Manually Mapped Drive
Computers that are on campus and connected to the MC Domain are set up to automatically connect to any of your network drives once you have logged in. This means that changing your MC password will not affect your access to your network drives; the drive(s) will simply appear when you successfully log in to the computer with your MC account.
Computers that are used off campus and do not connect to the MC Domain may have been "manually mapped", or manually configured to connect to CUMC IT managed network drives. Changing your MC password via the myPassword web site means that you will have to change any passwords saved on manually mapped drives as well. To do this:
- Go to the Remote Network Drive Access web pages. A UNI login may be required.
- Select the link in the left navigation for Finding the Network Drive's Path based on your computer's operating system.
- Use the instructions on the page to note your manually mapped network drive information.
- On Windows computers, you will need to right-click on the manually mapped network drive and select Disconnect. This clears out saved login and password information for the drive.
- Select the link in the left navigation for Mapping on.. based on your computer's operating system.
- Use the information you noted in step 3 to re-map the drive, using your updated password.
| TOP |