Synchronize Your MC Password
If you have changed or reset your MC account (computer login and/or CUMC Exchange email) password via the myPassword web site, you will also need to make sure that it is updated on any other devices and computers that may have stored the old password.
The devices that should be checked are:
If you do not update the password on all devices that have stored it, you may find that your account becomes repeatedly locked. Once you are sure you have updated your changed or reset password on all devices, you may also need to Unlock Your Account in the myPassword website.
Select a link or scroll down for instructions on updating your password in:
iPhone and iPad
Use steps here for the Mail app, or further below if you use the Outlook app on your iPhone/iPad.
Update your password in the Outlook app
- Open Settings, then tap Airplane Mode to turn it on.
- While still in Settings, select Mail (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars).
- Under Accounts select your CUMC email account.
- Tap the Account field (it should show email@example.com) and enter your new password in the Password field.
- Tap Done in the upper right to save and exit the account settings (click past any error messages that may appear due to the device being in Airplane mode).
- In the main Settings screen tap Airplane Mode to turn it off.
- Press the home button on your device and open Mail to verify that you are able to access your Exchange email. You will see an error if the password was entered incorrectly.
- Open Settings, then tap Airplane Mode to turn it on.
- Open the Outlook app
- Tap the Settings icon at the bottom right
- Tap your CUMC email under the Accounts heading, then the link to Edit Login Information
- Type in your updated password; return to Settings and set Airplane Mode to off.
- Return to Outlook and tap Sign In. Tap the Mail icon at the bottom to verify you have connected.
Changing a Password in a Mail app
Please follow steps based on the app you use to connect to your CUMC email account on the Android device: Mail (a default app which can vary by the device's manufacturer or cellular provider) or Outlook.
Due to the variety of Android devices, operating system and mail app versions in use, steps may vary; we have posted two sets of instructions to try.
If are still not able to update your password, please look for instructions in your device's manual, on the manufacturer's website, or your email app's help files.
Alternate steps for Mail
- Select Mail (or Email) from your Android's home screen or list of apps.
- Tap the menu icon (typically in the upper right), then Settings from the menu list.
- Select Manage accounts, then select your CUMC email account.
- Select Password (if this isn't listed, look for an option to change server settings first). When prompted, type in the new password you have already set via the myPassword website.
- Tap Done or Save and exit the mail settings menu. Your device will attempt to login with the new password and return to settings with no error message if successful. If prompted or if the device is in Airplane mode, be sure to exit it in order to connect.
Changing a Password in the Outlook App
- Select Settings from your device's home screen, then Accounts (or Accounts and Sync)
- Select Exchange or Exchange ActiveSync.
- Select General Settings or Settings.
If they aren't listed, tap directly on your CUMC email address and look for options to change server or password settings.
- Select Configure server, Incoming Settings, or Exchange Server Settings.
- Scroll down to the Password field. Tap into the field and type in the new password you have already set via the myPassword site.
- Click the Save or Next button. Your device will attempt to connect to your CUMC email.
- Open Outlook on your Android device and tap the Settings icon in the upper right.
- In the Outlook Settings screen, tap on your CUMC email account.
- In Account Info, tap on CHANGE SERVER SETTINGS.
- Type in your updated CUMC email password, then tap the check mark in the upper right.
- Outlook will attempt to login with the updated password.
NOTE: If you are prompted for a Domain\Username field, type in your full CUMC email address, then tap the check mark in the upper right to finish connecting. Your device will attempt to login with the new password and return to your email with no error message if successful. If prompted or if the device is in Airplane mode, be sure to exit it in order to connect.
- Open Settings
- Select Accounts
- Select your CUMC email account
- Under Update Password type in the new password you have already set via the myPassword site.
- Click Save
Manually Mapped Drive
Computers that are on campus and connected to the MC Domain are set up to automatically connect to any of your network drives once you have logged in. This means that changing your MC password will not affect your access to your network drives; the drive(s) will simply appear when you successfully log in to the computer with your MC account.
Computers that are used off campus and do not connect to the MC Domain may have been "manually mapped", or manually configured to connect to CUMC IT managed network drives. Changing your MC password via the myPassword web site means that you will have to change any passwords saved on manually mapped drives as well. To do this:
- Go to the Remote Network Drive Access web pages. A UNI login may be required.
- Select the link in the left navigation for Finding the Network Drive's Path based on your computer's operating system.
- Use the instructions on the page to note your manually mapped network drive information.
- On Windows computers, you will need to right-click on the manually mapped network drive and select Disconnect. This clears out saved login and password information for the drive.
- Select the link in the left navigation for Mapping on.. based on your computer's operating system.
- Use the information you noted in step 3 to re-map the drive, using your updated password.
| TOP |