SPSS Site Licenses For Windows and Macintosh
Purchasing and License Period
Regardless of when you make your purchase, the current available SPSS license will expire on July 29, 2013.
- The license period is fixed by SPSS and cannot be prorated; the program will not run after the license has expired. If you would like to receive an entire year’s usage, you must wait until new licenses are available (Summer 2013) to place your order.
In addition, you must verify SPSS version compatibility with your computer(s) prior to ordering. Please contact SPSS Support or see their current System Requirements.
- SPSS orders cannot be refunded for any reason once the online form has been submitted. If you have any questions contact us prior to submitting a license request.
This page, the License Distribution Rules page, and the SPSS FAQs contain detailed information on using and licensing SPSS from CUMC IT.
We are not licensed to sell SPSS to students. Instead, the Columbia University Medical School's bookstore carries the SPSS Graduate Pack for purchase by students only. You must have a valid Columbia student ID to purchase the software, for more information please contact the Audubon Bookstore at (212) 923-2149 or go to 3960 Broadway.
You must verify SPSS version compatibility with your computer(s) prior to ordering, refunds will not be given under any circumstances. See the SPSS current System Requirements and or contact SPSS Support with any questions.
All versions - 20.0, 19.0 and 18.0 for Windows are compatible with Windows 7 32- and 64-bit, Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit, and Windows XP 32-bit. Please see the SPSS System Requirements to verify that your computer meets additional hardware and software requirements.
SPSS version 20.0 is compatible with OS 10.7 and 10.6; versions 19.0 and 18.0 are compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and 10.5. OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is not compatible with Columbia licensed versions. IMPORTANT: All versions are not supported on Mac systems with PowerPC processors. Please see the SPSS System Requirements to verify that your computer meets additional hardware and software requirements.
Available Versions and Products
Basic documentation can be found on the SPSS installation disk as PDF (Adobe Acrobat) files.
Other add-on modules not listed below are available for a fee directly from SPSS. The license includes the following SPSS Products:
|SPSS 20.0 and 19.0 - include all modules in version 18.0 plus:
||SPSS 18.0 (PASW)
- Exact Tests
- Missing Values
- Neural Networks
- Complex Samples
- Decision Trees
- Data Preparation
- Direct Marketing
- Statistics Base
- Advanced Statistics
- Custom Tables
No other versions of SPSS are currently available through Columbia University's license. Anyone running an earlier version of the software must upgrade; this means you must purchase a license and an installation CD for the upgrade version.
The CUMC IT Service Desk provides this license as a service to the Columbia Medical Center community. Please refer to our site license rules prior to purchasing SPSS. We offer some telephone support for installing
SPSS and for license renewals. The licensee is responsible for maintaining and operating his or her own hardware and operating
SPSS Technical Support can be contacted directly for assistance on any issues or questions. You must first login or register for support on the SPSS Support web site, using any email address.
There is no fee associated with registering.
Cost, Payment, and Dates
The cost of the SPSS license is as follows:
In addition to the cost of the license, all new licensees and those choosing to upgrade to a newer version must purchase a copy of the installation CD for $30.
No. of License(s)
Cost Per License (Windows)
Cost Per License (Mac)
| 6-10 copies
All payments must be made from a Columbia University ARC account. We are not able to sell SPSS to students, click here for details.
The current license is valid from 7/30/2011 through 7/29/2012. The price is fixed and will not be prorated.
How to License SPSS
If you are not sure what to order, please see the FAQ titled How do I know what kind of license to order or whether I need an installation kit?
Please review all of these steps prior to submitting the online order form:
- Complete the SPSS Site License Agreement web form, linked at the end of these instructions.
- Once submitted please allow 24 hours for your request to be processed by the Service Desk staff. Pick up is only available between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Stop by the Service Desk on the 2nd floor of the Hammer Building to sign your license and pick up any installation material.
- Licensee signature and a valid Columbia University ID card will be required to pick up software.
- You must agree to install SPSS on only those machines for which you have paid the license fee. This agreement is subject to auditing by SPSS Inc.
For queries on site licensing, please send an email to email@example.com.
| TOP |
Last updated 10/05/2012