|For support: call extension 5-Help (212-305-4357) or email us
Columbia University and the Medical Center have purchased a number of site licenses for software programs, allowing them to
be used on faculty and staff computers for free. We've consolidated a list of available software with links to their
download and installation instructions. Non post-doctoral students should see our list of Computer and Software Discounts for Students for information on free and discounted software.
IMPORTANT: some programs and versions listed below or on the Columbia University Software and Downloads page are not part of the CUMC IT supported Standard Software package, but are listed as a courtesy only.
Please note that:
- Most programs have versions for both Windows and Macintosh based computers, be sure to read any documentation provided
- If you are prompted to login after selecting a link, use your UNI
Site Licensed Software:
- Microsoft Office - 2013 or 2010 are the recommended versions for Windows for CUMC affiliates, they are fully supported by CUMC IT. Office 2011 is the latest recommended version for Macintosh users at CUMC. Other versions are available for download through the Columbia site license, please be sure to verify compatibility with your computer before installing any version. There are now different links to download for students vs faculty and staff:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
SEP Version 12 is the latest version for Windows and Macintosh. It provides both antivirus and antispyware functions. Older versions may also be available via the link above.
NOTE: You must uninstall any other existing antivirus programs on your computer prior to installing Symantec/Norton in order to avoid possible conflicts, please read the installation instructions linked on the web site carefully.
This security program for Windows and Macintosh computers runs in the background and can track your computer by its attempts to go online if you report it lost or stolen.
NOTE: Since network connectivity is required for PhoneHome to work, it is not recommended for computers that have pre-boot authentication encryption enabled. Pre-boot authentication blocks the computer from loading the operating system (including networking capabilities) if the appropriate credentials are not given, and is required on CUMC systems using sensitive data to prevent disclosure in the event of loss or theft.
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE - formerly called GuardianEdge)
An encryption software to protect the confidential and sensitive data on your computers. Symantec Endpoint Encryption is currently only compatible with Windows computers.
This program can be used to securely
connect to network drives and other resources from offsite.
A Telnet program pre-configured to allow PC users to connect to your CUNIX account (space on the Columbia servers).
A secure file transfer program for Windows computers.
A secure file transfer program for Windows and Macintosh computers.
- Winzip Pro
Software for Windows that can encrypt, compress and decompress files in .zip format.
Statistical Software: These programs must be purchased but are offered at a discount through Columbia. Please select the appropriate link for further information.
- Aperio ePathViewer for iPhone or iPad
View eSlide images on your iPhone or iPad; to download visit www.aperio.com, or search the App Store for "Aperio" or "ePathviewer". The download now contains an in-application purchase to access viewing additional eSlides through custom URLs such as the Physicians and Surgeons Histology and Pathology slides.
| TOP |
Last updated 9/05/2014