SAS Site License Information
Purchasing and License Period
- Current licenses are for August 2016 to August 2017. This is fixed by SAS and cannot be pro–rated. Regardless of when you purchase and install your license, the program will only run during this period.
- You must verify SAS version compatibility with your computer(s) prior to ordering. Please see below for more information.
- SAS orders cannot be refunded or exchanged for any reason once the online form has been submitted. If you have any questions contact us prior to submitting a license request.
This page, the License Distribution Rules page, and the SAS FAQs all contain detailed information on using and licensing SAS from CUMC IT.
Versions and Compatibility
Only SAS 9.4 for 64-bit Windows is available.
IMPORTANT: Not all versions of Windows are fully compatible with the above version of SAS. Please use the form at http://support.sas.com/supportos/list to verify your specific operating system configuration, and contact SAS technical support directly with any questions.
As stated at the top of this page, the licensee is responsible for verifying the hardware and software requirements on any computer on which SAS is to be installed.
SAS does not offer a Mac compatible version and offers limited support on virtualized environments. We highly recommend reviewing all information and contacting SAS with any questions before ordering and installing SAS on Apple equipment.
|SAS 9.4 is the Educational Analytical Suite with Base SAS and:
- SAS Bridge for ESRI
- SAS Integration Technologies
- SAS/ACCESS Interfaces1
- SAS Enterprise Guide
1SAS/ACCESS Interfaces are for Aster, MySQL, DB2, Greenplum, Netezza, ODBC, Oracle, PC Files, SYBASE, SYBASE IQ, Teradata and OLE DB.
Anyone running an earlier version than what we currently offer must upgrade; this means you must purchase a license and installation kit for the upgrade version.
The CUMC IT Service Desk provides this license as a service to the Columbia University Medical Center community. Potential licensees should refer to the rules regarding licensing at CUMC. Whenever possible, the Service Desk will answer questions about the installation and use of SAS. However the licensee is responsible for the installation and for understanding and maintaining his/her own hardware and operating system.
Please contact SAS technical support directly with any issues or questions regarding your software.
How to License SAS
- SAS licenses are $41 each for the current period. There is no bulk pricing or pro-rating for licenses.
- If installing or upgrading to SAS 9.4, an installation kit must also be purchased, one kit is $41.
If you are not sure what to order, please see the FAQ titled How do I know what kind of license to order or whether I need an installation kit?
Please review all of these steps prior to submitting the online order form:
- Complete the SAS Site License Agreement web form, linked at the end of these instructions.
Students please note additional agreement conditions listed on the Site License Agreement form.
- Once your order has been processed (typically within one business day) you will receive an email indicating your order is ready to be picked up.
- After receiving the email that your order is ready, stop by the Service Desk on the 2nd floor of the Hammer Building to sign your license and pick up any installation material.
- Pick up is only available between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Licensee signature and a valid Columbia University ID card will be required to pick up software.
- Students licensing SAS software may pay by credit card, cash (exact amounts only), or check made out to "Columbia University". Faculty and Staff may pay by a Columbia University ARC chart string as well as credit card, cash or check. If paying by cash, please bring the exact amount whenever possible.
- You must agree to install SAS on only those machines for which you have paid. This is subject to auditing by SAS institute.
to continue to the SAS order form.
Orders cannot be refunded or exchanged for any reason once the online form has been submitted.
For queries on site licensing, please email the CUMC IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
| TOP |