SAS Site License Information
Purchasing and License Period
Licenses for the August 2013 to 2014 period are now available. Regardless of when you make your purchase, the current available SAS license will expire on August 31, 2014.
This page, the License Distribution Rules page, and the SAS FAQs all contain detailed information on using and licensing SAS from CUMC IT.
- The license period is fixed by SAS and cannot be pro–rated; the program will not run after the license has expired. If you would like to receive an entire year’s usage, you must wait until new licenses are available to place your order.
- You must verify SAS version compatibility with your computer(s) prior to ordering. Please see below for more information.
- SAS orders cannot be refunded for any reason once the online form has been submitted. If you have any questions contact us prior to submitting a license request.
Versions and Compatibility
Licenses for the following are now available:
IMPORTANT: Not all versions of Windows are fully compatible with the above versions of SAS. Please use the form at http://support.sas.com/supportos/list to verify your specific operating system configuration, and contact SAS technical support directly with any questions.
- SAS 9.4 for 64-bit Windows, new licenses.
- SAS 9.3 for 32-bit Windows, new or renewal licenses
- SAS 9.3 for 64-bit Windows, renewal licenses only.
As stated at the top of this page, the licensee is responsible for verifying the hardware and software requirements on any computer on which SAS is to be installed.
SAS 9.4 is the Education Analytical Suite with Base SAS and:
- SAS Bridge for ESRI
- SAS Integration Technologies
- SAS/ACCESS Interfaces1
- SAS Enterprise Guide
1SAS/ACCESS Interfaces are for Aster, MySQL, DB2, Greenplum, Netezza, ODBC, Oracle, PC Files, SYBASE, SYBASE IQ, Teradata and OLE DB.
Anyone running an earlier version than what we currently offer must upgrade; this means you must purchase a license and installation kit for the upgrade version.
The CUMC IT Service Desk provides this license as a service to the Columbia University Medical Center community. Potential licensees should refer to the rules regarding licensing at CUMC. Whenever possible, the Service Desk will answer questions about the installation and use of SAS. However the licensee is responsible for the installation and for understanding and maintaining his/her own hardware and operating system.
Please contact SAS technical support directly with any issues or questions regarding your software.
How to License SAS
- SAS licenses are $79 each for the period of August 2013 to August 2014. There is no bulk pricing or pro-rating for licenses.
- If installing or upgrading to SAS 9.4, an installation kit (provided on a USB key) must also be purchased; one installation kit is $25. Installation CDs are available for SAS 9.3 32-bit only.
If you are not sure what to order, please see the FAQ titled How do I know what kind of license to order or whether I need an installation kit?
Please review all of these steps prior to submitting the online order form:
- Complete the SAS Site License Agreement web form, linked at the end of these instructions.
Students please note additional agreement conditions listed on the Site License Agreement form.
- Once submitted please allow 24 hours for your request to be processed by the Service Desk staff. Pick up is only available between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Stop by the Service Desk on the 2nd floor of the Hammer Building to sign your license and pick up any installation material.
- Licensee signature and a valid Columbia University ID card will be required to pick up software.
- Students, faculty and staff with a valid ID card may pay by cash, credit card, or check made out to "Columbia University". If paying by cash, please bring the exact amount whenever possible.
- You must agree to install SAS on only those machines for which you have paid. This is subject to auditing by SAS institute.
Click here to continue to the SAS order form.
Refunds will not be given once you have finished submitting the online form.
For queries on site licensing, please email the CUMC IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
| TOP |