Equipment and Support
Outside vendors for A/V assistance may no longer be used on the CUMC campus.
CUMC IT Classroom Technology Support (CTS) staff can be reserved to provide A/V support
and non-standard equipment upon advance request as outlined on this page.
Equipment and Support
Equipment used in almost all CTS managed rooms is a standard eRoom podium set up that includes projection, internet connected computers, and media playback controlled by a touch panel on or near the podium.
Anyone using a room is expected to be able to operate the equipment, or have a TA that is familiar with the equipment available to assist them as per Room and Equipment Use requirements. Outside vendors may no longer be used for CUMC campus locations, see Additional Services below to request a CTS technician.
For self help and training with standard equipment:
- The Podium and A/V Tutorial for eRooms has full information on using this equipment.
- A laminated quick reference guide is kept on each podium, or you can print your own.
- To request hands on training please email firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of your scheduled event. Include your contact and event information and the room you will be using.
There are currently no fees for reserving and using standard, in-room equipment provided by Classroom Technology Support, however all rooms booked are reported back to Columbia Finance for charge back to departments. We ask that you please do not make unnecessary requests.
Standard A/V Support
Classroom Coordinators can assist with equipment issues that occur before, during, or after a scheduled class or event. Simply pick up the beige phone located on the wall next to each podium to automatically dial 5help as a priority call. If phone support is not able to help you immediately resolve the issue, a Classroom Coordinator will be dispatched and can typically arrive within minutes.
Detailed support information can be found on the Room and Equipment Use and Classroom Scheduling requirements pages.
Be sure to review any linked information for the services below. Most must be requested well in advance, have additional requirements, and/or fees.
- Echo360 Lecture Recording - most rooms are able to record your audio at the podium and a video of the computer screen, with many also able to record full video of the presenter/podium.
- Installation of software - all requirements must be met before non-standard software can be installed on podium or classroom computers, see further below for details.
- Audience Response System (ARS) - remote polling via mobile devices or laptops and a formatted PowerPoint presentation. Note that this is provided via CCNMTL.
- Audio Visual Support - arrange to have a CTS technician present for your event or presentation and help with any special equipment set up. Please email email@example.com to request this. Include:
NOTE: A/V support from outside vendors is no longer allowed on the CUMC campus.
- Your UNI and contact information
- The CUMC campus location for the event
- Any A/V equipment you will need that is not already standard for the location
For questions or issues with arrangements already made with outside vendors please contact Jared Kramer (firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-305-8357) or Patricia Infante De Rozon (email@example.com, 212-305-3473) .
Standard Software Installed on Podium Computers
Standard podiums are equipped with Windows computers that are able to run your presentations, provide web browsing and media playback. Each computer type has the a standard set of software programs installed; when properly requested other software can be installed as per Classroom Technology Support procedures, please see below for more information.
There is also a full list of software installed on other public systems in the computer labs, classrooms and Library in the Hammer building.
|Software Installed on Windows Computers
|All systems run Windows 7 with Symantec managed antivirus
|Office 2013 - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, OneNote, Publisher
- Adobe Reader DC
- ArcGIS 10.3.1
- Aperio ImageScope
- Atlas TI v.5.2
- Citrix Receiver 4.8
- Endnote X8
- ExamSoft - Examplify
- Flash Player & Flash Player Plugin
- Internet Explorer
- NetLogo 4.3.1
- NVivio 11
- Pharos Printing
- R 3.4.1 for Windows
- RStudio 1.0.153
- SAS 9.4
- SPSS 24
- Stata 15
- TurningPoint Cloud
- Windows Media Player
Requesting Software Installation in Rooms
In general software can be installed when requested at least two weeks in advance via the online Software Installation form. The requester must provide proof of licensing and software installation media.
See full requirements on the Classroom Scheduling and Software Installations Request page.