Echo360 Lecture Recordings
This summer we upgraded to Echo360’s cloud-based Active Learning Platform (ALP), a cloud-based version which offers more features for content editing and student engagement.
Training and help is on Echo360’s website at: https://support.echo360.com/?b_id=16610
Be sure to select the appropriate role (Instructor vs. Student) to see pertinent information.
Echo360 is the lecture capture program used in most CTS managed rooms. Instructors can request lecture recordings that will be made available for online viewing via a link in CourseWorks.
Requests and Recordings
Be sure to see links to the left of this page for instructions on saving your Echo360 files via download, using features such as Bookmarks and Discussions, and using Personal Capture on a Windows or Macintosh computer.
Requests for recording a lecture or presentation must be submitted in advance via the online form:
Rooms listed below offer either Appliance Capture (the podium computer screen and video of the instruction area/front of the room) or Classroom Capture (podium computer screen only). Audio for both is recorded via an embedded microphone at the podium; to be sure your presentation audio is clearly recorded please stay near the podium when speaking.
- Recording requests must be made at least one week in advance.
- Last minute requests are allowed subject to availability, and must be requested at least one business day in advance. A rush fee of $119 will apply.
- Requested recordings will automatically be available for you in CourseWorks at the end of the day.
- Course lecture recordings are archived and removed 3 years after the semester during which they were recorded. Special event recordings are removed one year after the event. To extend beyond these times please contact us at least one month before the scheduled removal. See this FAQ for help on downloading a copy of a recording.
Rooms that are not on the list do not have Echo360 recording capabilities, please the bottom of this page for information about using Personal Capture to publish via Echo360.
Room Recording Capabilities
Appliance Capture - Full Video, Audio and Computer Screen Capture
Classroom Capture - Audio and Computer Screen Capture only
- Alumni Auditorium
- P&S Amphitheaters 1 and 5/7
- Hammer Lower Level 1 rooms 103, 108A, and 109A
- Hammer Lower Level 2 rooms 201, 203, 204, 205, 208A and 209A
- Hammer 301, 312 and 401
- Russ Berrie 1 and 2
- Vagelos Education Center (VEC) Wu Auditorium 201, rooms 401, 404, 405, 902, 903, 1202, 1203, 1302, 1303, 1402, and 1403
- Hammer Lower Level 1 rooms 107, 108B, 109B, and 110
- Hammer Lower Level 2 rooms 202, 207, 210, 208B, and 209B
- Hammer 303 and 305
- 20 or more events per year: $2,732
Retained for one year on CUMC IT servers
- Single event (limit 4 hours): $137
- Editing recordings: $117 per hour
- Technician assistance during start up: $127
- Last minute rush fee: $119
Should I do anything on the recording day?
You need not do anything. Based on the capture option you choose, the system will record the event automatically from the time you booked for the event through the end. If you require technician assistance during start up, you can request it (additional fees will apply as noted in our rates). Recording is done automatically in four hour blocks. Last minute changes to the recording time are not possible. So, please plan ahead for coffee or lunch breaks and follow the schedule.
When can I see my recording?
Special event and lecture recordings are made available to you via a link to the file on our servers, usually within 24 business hours.
Can I request a recording of a single event?
Yes, you can request to record a single event. However, it will be highly cost-effective if you had a series of events requested. Please see rates to compare the cost of single events and series of events.
Can I edit the content of the recording?
Yes you can edit the recording, however access to edit it is only possible for up to 6 months after the recording was captured. If you would like assistance with editing, we can provide it for an hourly fee.
How long are recordings available?
Special events are available for approximately one year; course lecture recordings from 3 years prior are removed every summer (example: in Summer 2015 we removed course recordings captured in 2012). To extend beyond this time, please contact us at least one month before the end of this time period.
What if I forgot to book a recording?
If you did not book your event one week in advance, for a last minute rush fee per event, we will try our best to get your special event or lecture recorded. We can only do this if your event does not conflict with an already reserved event from another department. Last minute requests must be made at least a business day in advance.
Can I download or save a copy of a recording?
Please see instructions to Download and Save Echo360 Recordings on your computer or other desired external storage.
Personal Capture for Echo360
Computers that have webcam and microphone hardware installed can set up Personal Capture to record a presentation from the computer and have it published via the CUMC Echo360 system. Computers can download, install and configure Personal Capture using the online instructions for Windows or Macintosh; note that to publish a recording you must also have an Echo360 account. For other systems or additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.