25Live Event Reservations
Pre-approved access is required to place reservation requests via 25Live. To obtain access, all CUMC staff members that need to manage room requests for their department must attend a one hour training session.
NOTE: If you previously had access to place reservations using the Resource 25 WebViewer, your access cannot be transferred automatically to 25Live. Please see details below to have access moved to 25Live.
Training sessions for placing reservations in 25Live will be held in HSC LL205 (lower level 2 of Hammer Building) at the following dates and times:
We are currently only scheduling one class per month due to low demand. If you will not be placing reservation requests frequently as part of your job duties, we ask that you find someone in your department that already has a login to place the request for you. Anyone can view information in 25Live to see what is available, a login is only required to place a request.
- Thursday August 10th, 10:00am to 10:50am
- Thursday September 7th, 11:00am to 11:50am
- Thursday, October 19th, 11:00am to 11:50am
- Thursday, November 9th, 11:00am to 11:50am
- Thursday, December 7th, 11:00am to 11:50am
Our three page training handout covers basic information on using 25Live including placing a reservation request, however we strongly recommend attending training.
You must email or call us ahead of time to reserve a spot in the class! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include:
you do not include all of the above we will not be able to reserve your spot. We will email a confirmation or contact you if the training session is full.
- Date of the training session you'd like to attend
- Your first and last name
- Your UNI
- phone number
- Affiliation with CUMC (Faculty, Staff or Student)
- Department and Division or School and Program
Once you have completed the training, you will be able to see Event Reservation options and place requests after signing in to 25Live with your Columbia UNI and password.
Space Booking Exceptions:
Scheduling space for classroom use is given first priority. Space requests for non-classroom use may only be submitted after classroom scheduling has been completed for each period. The dates below outline the periods when non-classroom requests may be submitted.
||Special events and other requests accepted
|January through May
||Third Monday in October
|June through the third week in August
||Third Monday in April
|The fourth week in August through December
||Fourth Monday in May
Example: Today's date is January 6, 2017. To reserve Hammer 301 for a special event on June 2, 2017, you may submit your request anytime after April 17, 2017 using 25Live.
For all requests our current Room Scheduling requirements still apply.
Moving Resource25 WebViewer Reservation Access to 25Live
Unfortunately any prior access to place reservations using the older Resource25 WebViewer program could not be automatically transferred. In addition, 25Live must have a record of a sign in with your UNI account before access can be added. These instructions are only
for those that previously had a login to the Resource 25 WebViewer, if you had not been placing requests prior to the upgrade to 25Live in June 2016, please read information above about attending a training class to obtain access.
- Visit 25Live at https://25live.collegenet.com/cumc
NOTE: Firefox and Chrome are recommended browsers; Internet Explorer may run slowly when using 25Live. Mobile devices are not fully supported.
- Click the Sign In link in the upper right corner and sign in with your Columbia UNI and its password.
- 25Live uses your UNI account, and does not require a separate password as Resource25 did - the sign in will always be the same as other UNI based logins such as myColumbia or Courseworks.
- If you have problems with your UNI or password please visit the Manage My UNI site for immediate self-help; fixing an issue there will allow you to log in to 25Live.
- After successfully signing in to 25Live, close all open instances of the web browser (select File - Exit from the upper right menu, or click
the X at the top right of the browser window) to fully sign out. You may remain signed in to 25Live if you do not.
- Contact 5-Help via email or phone (212-305-4357, option 5) to confirm that you signed in to 25Live and need your access to request a reservation reinstated on the upgraded system. Please be sure to include your name, UNI, department, and contact information.