News and Announcements
CUMC Voicemail Migration
As of January 1st, 2016, NYPH will be discontinuing use of the current voicemail system and migrating all users (including CUMC) in phases. This means:
Following are migration dates and deadlines to record your greeting:
- If you have an existing voicemail box, a new one has been built in the new unified communications system. Please follow instructions in your email to record a greeting for your new voicemail box by the appropriate date below.
- You will need to listen to any messages left in your old mailbox to make the message light from those messages turn off. Old messages will not be migrated to the new voicemail box but will be accessible until the end of January 2016.
- Allen Hospital users were transitioned as of Monday November 16th, 2015 at 6:00AM, and should have recorded their greeting on the new system as of Friday, November 13th.
- CUMC main campus users and all satellite locations will be transitioned on Wednesday December 2nd, 2015 at 6:00AM, and should record their greeting on the new system no later than Tuesday, December 1st.
Instructions for the new voicemail guide will be posted on the Telecom section of the website. If you have any questions or concerns please email ESNASUPPORT@nyp.org.
Hard Drive Disposals
As of Thursday October 29th, the CUMC IT Service Desk in the Hammer Building is undergoing renovations and will not be able to accept hard drives for disposal through to December 15th, 2015.
Our normal services including phone support, green device disposal tags, and software sales will still be available during this time.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Firewall, Proxy and Bandwidth Exclusion Requests Must Be Placed by Certified IT Groups
As of November 15th, 2015, requests for Firewall, Proxy or Bandwidth Exception requests may only be submitted by staff in a CUMC Certified IT Group. Qualified staff can reach the forms by logging in to ServiceNow and selecting the Service Catalog link in the left; anyone who is not approved will not be able to see the forms. If you do not know how to contact your Certified IT Staff please ask your Department Administrator or supervisor.
Updated Support Information for Recent OS and Software Releases
Status on recent versions of operating systems and software is as follows:
- Macintosh 10.10 "Yosemite" is now supported for faculty and staff as well as students.
- Macintosh 10.11 "El Capitan" is NOT supported and was only released on September 30th. Although a known issue with Outlook 2011 has been patched, and it is now supported for SofTest, we still advise against upgrading until further testing is completed.
- Windows 10 is still not fully supported; please do not upgrade at this time. While it has tested well with common CUMC resources including Athens wireless, VPN and Pharos student printing, other applications may not be compatible. Note that qualifying versions of Windows 7 and 8 are eligible for a free Windows 10 upgrade for as much as a year after its July 29, 2015 release, so there is no rush to upgrade.
- iOS 9 for iPhones and iPads was released on September 16th and is being tested for use at CUMC, do not upgrade until support is confirmed.
- Microsoft Office 2016 for Macintosh and Windows were released on September 22nd. Initial tests for compatibility with CUMC email are good, however it is not compatible with Endnote on Macintosh and has not been fully tested with other specialized programs, please research before upgrading or installing. Office 2011 is still the only CUMC IT supported version for Macs; 2013 is the recommended version for Windows.
We will continue to update the Operating System and Standard Software pages on the CUMC IT website as testing is completed. We also strongly recommend checking with your department, school, and Certified IT staff before upgrading or ordering a computer with a pre-installed version to be sure that it will be compatible.
Archived News and Announcements for 2015
SharePoint Downtime Friday October 30th from 5pm to 8pm
Continued Alert for Phishing and Ransomware Attacks
CUMC Mailing Lists Scheduled Downtime Wednesday, October 14th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Windows 10 at CUMC
Some P Drives Offline Friday, September 18th from 5pm to 9pm
Welcome New Students
CUMC SharePoint Scheduled Downtime Wednesday September 9th from 4pm to 11pm
New File Transfer Program - DatAnywhere
Echo360 Scheduled Downtime Friday August 28th from 6:00 PM to Saturday August 29th 9:00 AM
Inbound Spam Filtering and Digest Messages
GE/IDX Maintenance Thursday August 13th from 7pm to 8pm
Echo360 Scheduled Downtime on Wednesday August 12th from 2pm to 5pm
Echo360 Special Event Recordings Removal in Progress, Course Recording Removals Scheduled
Virus/Ransomware Alert - Do Not Open Any .exe Files
Inbound Spam Filtering Rollout Begins June 19th
Email and MC Account Suspension for Incomplete Annual Security and Privacy Training
CUMC IT Website Partial Downtime Thursday June 10th from 9am to Noon
Wired Network Requests Must Be Placed by Certified IT Groups
Reminder to Vacate Student Lockers
Annual Security and Privacy Training Deadline Has Passed
CubMail Account Space Removal for CUMC Exchange Users
Some Shared Network P: Drives are Read Only
Phishing Email "Alert on CubMail Account"
Echo 360 Lecture System Downtime Through Sunday March 29th
Echo 360 Lecture System Scheduled Downtime March 23rd to 27th
Spam Messages and Attachments
Information Security and HIPAA Privacy Training for 2014 to 2015
Spam Email Titled "Invoice"
Macintosh OS 10.10 Yosemite and Outlook/Office 365 for Mac Released
CROWN Scan Troubleshooting
BlackBerry OS 10 Required
Archived News and Announcements for 2014
Network Addresses Will Default to Local
ServiceNow Classes Offered
iOS 8 and Athens/VPN
Security Upgraded on Network Drives as of Thursday May 22nd
CROWN Scheduled Downtime Saturday October 18th from 8:00pm to 10:00pm
Listserv Upgrade to Version 16 on Completed
Echo Sporadic Downtimes, Removal of Old Recordings
CROWN (ColumbiaDoctors) and iCharge Downtime Saturday August 16th from 8:00pm to 9:00pm
Microsoft Announcement for Windows 7 Support
More Phishing Emails Link to Fake Login Sites
Network and Bradford Registration Downtime Thursday June 5th from 5pm to 7pm
Patch Released for Internet Explorer Vulnerability
Microsoft Ended Support for Windows XP, Office 2003 on April 8th, 2014 - Upgrade to Avoid Risks
More Phishing Emails Link to Fake Login Sites
IDX .Net Errors
Unpatched Internet Explorer Vulnerability
Spam Message for "New Consolidated IT Policies"
MC Domain and Exchange Account Password Requirements
Network Interruptions in Hammer Building from 5pm to 8pm Sunday April 13th - The CUMC IT Service Desk Will Close at 5pm
O and P Network Drive Interruptions and Downtime March 22nd and 23rd
Echo360 Downtime Fri March 21st noon to 12:20pm
iPhone, iPad and Mac Security Update
RASCAL Access Suspension Due to Non-Compliance
Using Outlook Tutorials
Required Online HIPAA Training Deadline
IDX Error Resolution
Some "P" Network Drives Unavailable Friday February 14th 10:00pm Through Saturday February 15th 6:00am
CROWN Use via Citrix Only After February 2nd
CROWN Downtime Friday January 31st at 9pm to Sunday February 2nd at noon; Citrix Update Required
Crown EHR Downtime Saturday January 25th from 9pm to Midnight
Proxy Auto-Configuration Changed On January 13th 2014
Important Columbia Email Changes for CUMC Affiliates
Macintosh OS 10.9 Not Yet Supported
Older posts can be found on the Archived Announcements page.